turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bottomland or Greenleaf

Started by southern_leo, February 15, 2016, 07:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

I prefer to use a combination of the bottomland pants along with the greenleaf shirt or jacket. Best of both worlds  :OGturkeyhead:

catman529

Bottomland.... never owned a piece of greenleaf, but it does look good. I would rather look like 100% part of the tree I'm leaning against. In my eyes, the green leaves will make your movement more noticeable from a distance.

budtripp

Quote from: southern_leo on February 23, 2016, 06:14:46 AM
Quote from: maytom on February 23, 2016, 05:15:51 AM
I have that same vest in Mossy Oak Obsession camo. Love that vest so much, it is my second one!!! Great choice!!!
After a bunch of reviews and trying different vest on it seemed like bang for the buck you can't beat it. Many people said they had the same vest 8 years! I'll take proven durability over trendy any day especially when it comes to hunting gear.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have one of the original super elites that I bought slightly used in 2002. It's seen better days, but I was still using it last season

Cut N Run

Is Greenleaf available in any other fabric than 100% cotton?   I don't like how quickly the patterns in cotton fade.  Got 2 sets of Bottomland in Trek-Lite that I use much of the turkey season.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

buzzardroost

Quote from: Cut N Run on February 25, 2016, 06:42:14 AM
Is Greenleaf available in any other fabric than 100% cotton?   I don't like how quickly the patterns in cotton fade.  Got 2 sets of Bottomland in Trek-Lite that I use much of the turkey season.

Jim
a shirt and hoodie is available through the mossy oak store that are polyester but the only pants I can find are cotton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

I wash mine in baking soda inside out and then hang to dry. they seem to hold their color very well doing this.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

davisd9

Depends on where I am hunting and what the area looks like.
In pines I wear bottomland or break up tops to match the trees.

If it is an area with good ground cover that has green I where the greenleaf or break up.

My favorite pattern has quickly become break up as it blends just about everywhere and it disappears in the shadows.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ilbucksndux

I have found that Break up turns into a big black blob at around 60-70 yards.
Gary Bartlow

paboxcall

Quote from: ilbucksndux on February 25, 2016, 07:19:03 PM

In open fall woods or before the green up in spring I agree.  I have watched guys I've hunted with in the original Advantage, and MO new Bottomland, walk through the big woods at 50, 100, and 150 yards. When they stop, they just flat disappeared. 

The MO Break-up, you can still see them, looks a bit too dark.  Add some foliage though, and MO Break-up also disappears.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Fort91Tc

I prefer both it just depends on the area I am hunting at the time. Bottomlands works good in some areas here in North Florida, especially with the crazy winter/spring/summer we have during a weeks time. Yet towards the end of the season Greenleaf blends better since everything has finally turned green.
"Knock 'em out John"

ilbucksndux

Quote from: paboxcall on February 25, 2016, 07:28:30 PM
Quote from: ilbucksndux on February 25, 2016, 07:19:03 PM

In open fall woods or before the green up in spring I agree.  I have watched guys I've hunted with in the original Advantage, and MO new Bottomland, walk through the big woods at 50, 100, and 150 yards. When they stop, they just flat disappeared. 

The MO Break-up, you can still see them, looks a bit too dark.  Add some foliage though, and MO Break-up also disappears.

I was once a big Break Up fan. Nearly everything I had was Breakup. Several years ago my buddies and I went to a state waterfowl area and ended up getting blinds close to each other. At 300 yards the Breakup was black. After that I did my own un scientific experiment. I hung a Bottomland and a Breakup shirt in a tree in some fairly open woods and walked away. 50 yards and under there was no difference. Beyond that the Bottomland won hands down. 
Gary Bartlow