OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Republican Primary Nomination poll

Started by Old Gobbler, February 14, 2016, 03:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will you vote for for the Republican Nomination

John Kasich
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz

Swather

Quote from: silvestris on February 16, 2016, 11:45:32 PM
I took a course in logic in college.  All Muslims are not terrorists; most terrorists are Muslims..................You may properly vet a peaceful Muslim couple, but when their offspring attend the Mosque and study the jihadist teachings of the Koran, San Bernardino is subject to occur.

Only a return to a sane, logical immigration policy can preserve what little culture we have left.  To do otherwise is cultural, if not actual, suicide.  I believe that this issue is most important in choosing our next President.

And you would pass that logic course again today.  A halt to immigration would be beneficial from a security standpoint and an economic standpoint.  There is no dispute that there has been a long, clear trend developing of self-inflicted injury by allowing muslims into the country.  There is no failproof way to distinguish one that wants to kill Americans from those that do not.  We cannot stop domestic born threats from being physically present, we can only try to stop their actions.  The feds have a duty to protect Americans.

But the US needs the help of muslim dominated countries to fight terrorism, and a crude approach like Trump suggested of singling out muslims.  Instead, you can stop it all or stop it from certain regions of high terrorist activities.

The lower class and lower middle class would be better off as well.

The H-1B visa program is a tough issue, the purpose and intent look good on paper and sound reasonable.  A lot of talent has been added in the US under the program.  But it has been abused badly for workers less educated than intended and a readily available workforce in IT/MIS and other areas are being displaced through fraud and abuse.  We should not stand for that.   There must be reform to upgrade the requirements of education and income to qualify for that visa. 

The whole purpose of the 1965 Dem driven legislation was to dilute the vote of people here and replace them with people that were poor and needed to receive govt assistance.  The Dems essentially wanted to admit people that they thought would give them a lifetime of dominance in politics, and keep people out that would vote against them.

The Dems play to win all the time, and it is always about politics and power with them.  It is not about negotiating and compromising with them, it is about winning, and they are relentless in the pursuit of their agenda.  The Republicans, in contrast, are extremely lazy and do not even understand the game, which is why they always lose.

chcltlabz

Quote from: southern_leo on February 17, 2016, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: chcltlabz on February 17, 2016, 10:09:09 AM
Swather, I'm very surprised you aren't a Trump supporter, because your self-righteous bragging about how much you make sounds just like him, along with your "if you don't believe just like me, you're wrong" attitude about it.

I'm tired of politicians and the continued way they pollute our society through their back handed politics.  Cruz's record shows he can be bought and that he will bow down to the money.  Trump has already been bought, and aside from his economical advantage, I think he would fail as president.

They all fall short to me, because people forget that the #1 job of the President of the United States is Commander-In-Chief of the US Military. I don't think any candidate on either side has shown they have the capacity and experience to take this on.

I'm voting for Ben Carson, because I believe he would be the best President of all the candidates.  I just wish people would stop looking at poll results to determine who they are voting for, because poll results can be skewed easily.  Plus, I'd like to see more people looking into candidates more and understanding their records and what they stand for.
Not trying to argue because I'm not here for that, but could you please advise when Cruz was paid for and cite reference. I'm unfamiliar with the incident.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cruz's top two financial backers are Club for Growth and Senate Conservatives Fund.  Both organizations donate money to support conservative political actions.  Now while I don't have a problem with conservative views, I do have a problem with someone being paid over a million dollars by groups who's sole purpose is to back the conservative political machine.  As president, I expect someone to back political actions they support, not what they've been paid to support.  Perception is reality.  If you look further down the list, there are several donors who fund lobbyists, and several in the top tier that are lobbying firms. 

My personal views do not support this type of politics.  One of the big reasons I support term limits for every single political office, from the President down through your local mayor.  Politics should not be a means to riches.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

rosharb

g8rvet

I have had several people say you should not look at polls before you vote.  I agree that should not be your primary focus, but I strongly disagree that one eye should not be kept on them.  While they are far from fool proof, if you listen, daily, to new and different polls, it gives a feel for what is likely to happen.  If the election were held today, a vote for Carson is a vote for Trump (the leader).  Some people are fine with that, but I am not.  I would never presuppose to tell someone how they should vote, but voting for someone that has no chance of winning feels like a wasted vote to me.  Like I said, if Rubio is in the top 3, he is getting my vote, as I currently feel.  Cruz still has time to make up ground - I like a lot of his history.  I think it was William F Buckley that said he was not for the most conservative candidate, he was for the most conservative candidate that could win. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

southern_leo

Quote from: chcltlabz on February 17, 2016, 12:48:23 PM
Quote from: southern_leo on February 17, 2016, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: chcltlabz on February 17, 2016, 10:09:09 AM
Swather, I'm very surprised you aren't a Trump supporter, because your self-righteous bragging about how much you make sounds just like him, along with your "if you don't believe just like me, you're wrong" attitude about it.

I'm tired of politicians and the continued way they pollute our society through their back handed politics.  Cruz's record shows he can be bought and that he will bow down to the money.  Trump has already been bought, and aside from his economical advantage, I think he would fail as president.

They all fall short to me, because people forget that the #1 job of the President of the United States is Commander-In-Chief of the US Military. I don't think any candidate on either side has shown they have the capacity and experience to take this on.

I'm voting for Ben Carson, because I believe he would be the best President of all the candidates.  I just wish people would stop looking at poll results to determine who they are voting for, because poll results can be skewed easily.  Plus, I'd like to see more people looking into candidates more and understanding their records and what they stand for.
Not trying to argue because I'm not here for that, but could you please advise when Cruz was paid for and cite reference. I'm unfamiliar with the incident.

Cruz's top two financial backers are Club for Growth and Senate Conservatives Fund.  Both organizations donate money to support conservative political actions.  Now while I don't have a problem with conservative views, I do have a problem with someone being paid over a million dollars by groups who's sole purpose is to back the conservative political machine.  As president, I expect someone to back political actions they support, not what they've been paid to support.  Perception is reality.  If you look further down the list, there are several donors who fund lobbyists, and several in the top tier that are lobbying firms. 

My personal views do not support this type of politics.  One of the big reasons I support term limits for every single political office, from the President down through your local mayor.  Politics should not be a means to riches.
I gotcha I didn't realize you were speaking of campaign contributions. I thought you were referring to a "paid off" scenario like under the table deal. I understand where some don't like the super pacs and Trump does win on that issue, although at the same time me personally I'm not too bothered by it because most candidates in history can't fund their campaign and the money has to come from somewhere. So personally that doesn't make a no go issue for me. I think every voter has the responsibility to decide what's important in a candidate and vote that way even if your guy is at the bottom or the top it doesn't matter. That's the whole purpose in the primaries. I think most everyone here can agree though that the worst republican candidate is better than either of the dems.

chcltlabz

I 100% agree.  Everyone should become educated on the areas that are important to them, know not only what the candidate says on those issues, but know the history (not that a politician would ever lie ::)) on that area as well.

True, Trump can claim that he has not taken donations from anyone, but realize that every dime he spends is tax deductible, so its a win win for him.  He is also a billionaire, so if you don't think he's going to represent and favor those that made and keep him a billionaire, you're kidding yourself.

I don't like Rubio's politics, and I don't like Trump's, well, anything.  I think Trump will have a tough time beating the democrats because he will rally the democratic voters to back whomever they put on the ticket. 

I do believe that Carson would generate enough support from both sides to win the election.  Unfortunately, I don't think he will get the nomination because of the typical hard lined GOP politics.  They would cut off their nose to spite their face.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

southern_leo

Quote from: chcltlabz on February 18, 2016, 08:30:23 AM
I 100% agree.  Everyone should become educated on the areas that are important to them, know not only what the candidate says on those issues, but know the history (not that a politician would ever lie ::)) on that area as well.

True, Trump can claim that he has not taken donations from anyone, but realize that every dime he spends is tax deductible, so its a win win for him.  He is also a billionaire, so if you don't think he's going to represent and favor those that made and keep him a billionaire, you're kidding yourself.

I don't like Rubio's politics, and I don't like Trump's, well, anything.  I think Trump will have a tough time beating the democrats because he will rally the democratic voters to back whomever they put on the ticket. 

I do believe that Carson would generate enough support from both sides to win the election.  Unfortunately, I don't think he will get the nomination because of the typical hard lined GOP politics.  They would cut off their nose to spite their face.
I agree with most everything you said except on Carson. I wanted to like Carson so bad but the guy is a drag. There is nothing motivating or exciting about him. Now on issues which should prevail he's great, but when your a politician you do have to play on emotions because unfortunately most people don't educate themselves enough to vote for candidates on issues. If you could give Carson the personality of Trump (the positive side) then Carson would be unstoppable. I was hoping he would realize that and ignite a fire but he hasn't which is unfortunate because I do believe he is a great man. Honestly though my least favorite is Kasich. I think he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. He makes claims of how great he ran Ohio but government subsidies exploded under him. He made moves that made stuff look good on the outside but long term could be detrimental. Ill be curious how Ohio looks in 10 years.

dejake

My first choice would have been Carly.  I think she's the most stable decision maker.  Also, her demeanor reminds me a lot of Margaret Thatcher.  And, I think she'd smoke Hillary.

southern_leo

Quote from: olejake on February 19, 2016, 08:26:48 AM
I believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.... as did our country's  Founding Fathers

I believe that Ted Cruz has the self-control that  Donald Trump highly lacks
I believe that Ted Cruz has the  personal class that the office of President highly deserves
I believe that Ted Cruz will defend our country against terrorism and American -haters by strengthening our defenses and supporting  our troops without a  shadow of a doubt
These are just three of many, many more good points that Ted Cruz has going for him in this election...Ted Cruz will get my vote...regardless of what a "poll" says
Absolutely!

Bowguy

Trump! I don't want to start any arguement but the liberals and liberal policy have absolutley ruined our country. I'm trying very hard not to get on a rant

crenshawco

There is no way I could ever trust Trump. He's held too many liberal positions recently in his past. See video below for some of these positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUCLwWCihE&feature=youtu.be

Cruz is the most true conservative IMO and will be getting my vote.

Shoot2thrill25

Quote from: southern_leo on February 19, 2016, 01:59:56 PM
Quote from: Shoot2thrill25 on February 19, 2016, 01:06:21 PM
Do you guys understand that this bu*****t is why I hunt and get on sites like this and not Facebook or anything like it. To get away from this crap for a little while. I don't want to see half the threads on a forum called OLD GOBBLER, being about politics. Go to another site and debate about our stellar options we have for president. Btw the name old gobbler is referring to turkeyS, not Hillary. In case that had some of you confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A forum is just a group of like minded folks. This is a hunting forum but that doesn't mean other things aren't important. And politics also play a direct role in hunting and firearms rights. This has also been a very civil discussion and not an argument or I'd be out. But if you don't like this conversation with all do respect you don't have to come on this thread. There have been other threads created that I did not want to participate in so I didnt. I'm not trying to come off as harsh at all but I'm confused why if you don't like the topic you clicked and replied on it. This is just important to a lot of us. If it's not to you that's fine, but that doesn't mean we should stop the discussion. BTW I agree with your Facebook comment which is why I don't have a Facebook at all.

To point out that there seems to have been several of them lately and seem to always be at the top of the feed. I understand that this an important topic, and it is important to me as well. I just wish people would discuss it elsewhere. Believe me, I've said the same thing you have about if you don't like it don't click on it so I understand. I usually do not click on them. On other forums there are sub forums for topics like these so the like minded people can argue there. EVERYWHERE you go is people arguing about our horrible options for president. Now hunting forums are getting overrun with it. 

catdaddy

Quote from: Shoot2thrill25 on February 19, 2016, 01:06:21 PM
Do you guys understand that this bu*****t is why I hunt and get on sites like this and not Facebook or anything like it. To get away from this crap for a little while. I don't want to see half the threads on a forum called OLD GOBBLER, being about politics. Go to another site and debate about our stellar options we have for president. Btw the name old gobbler is referring to turkeyS, not Hillary. In case that had some of you confused.

I think it would be simpler for you to go to another site--not the other way around as you have suggested.

Old Gobbler

We are all pretty much like minded individuals , the vast majority conservative....

I made the post for reasons stated in the original post , I like hearing others varying opinions on what republican candidates best represent the greatest democracy in the world

As mentioned not looking for a dem vs republican dispute , if one was looking for companionship in the left leaning area they are in the wrong place , if one wishes not to open up and read others conservative opinions , then simply do not OPEN the thread and read it , just move along get along . I noticed a post and decided to remove it because I thought it would start trouble , but quite a few members crimed in quoting it right away countering it , I apologize for removing them , but left the last one up made by our very valued and loved tom "catdaddy " who me many of us appreciate like the rest of you - thank you !

Again if your not up for conservative talk simple don't open the threads About them 

Back to conservative talk .....

The polls , especially the republican ones just prior to the state primary's pay attention to the numbers the mainstream media puts forth , and then what the actual numbers are after you will notice the polls are sometimes quite off , I'm very interested on the accuracy of them because ........a Republican candidate will need 270 electoral votes to become POTUS , and this is impossible with out winning FLORIDA as we speak its neck and neck in Florida on the polls with it showing Rubio having a slight lead out of all of the contestants over Hillary Clinton its 46% to 46% right now and whomever wins the primary better darn well be able to beat Hillary in Florida , or we are going to looking at her face a whole lot more and hearing about her a whole bunch

They want to mobilize the college kids this time by promising to give out free or reduced college tuition.....this is the strategy .....they are buying votes , and YOU the taxpayer are going to have to pay for the bill
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon