OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Haul and Met Some Members

Started by Tennessee Lead, February 13, 2016, 08:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

It was slammed. Couldn't get around to see much. Picked up some calls I wanted. Met a few Top Notch members. Roost1, Matt McClain and Clark Allaboutshooting. I enjoyed meeting each of you guys. I wanted to get over to Houndstooth, Gooserbat and the Hooks booths but the struggle was more than I could bare. I'm taking off work on Friday next year so I can get around better and meet those guys.
I'm excited about my new toys. Can't wait to use them.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

jwright8

Great picks!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

southern_leo

I bought Hollerans new slate. Great calls. I got the persimmon one piece and purple heart two piece strikers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: southern_leo on February 13, 2016, 09:30:11 PM
I bought Hollerans new slate. Great calls. I got the persimmon one piece and purple heart two piece strikers.

That slate sounds great. If I didn't have the walnut slate I'd got it too.

jordanz7935

Looks like you brought home some keepers. Crystal Mistress is a killer call and his mouth calls are really good too. How do you like that sugartown sweetness? I'm looking to get either his new slate or the sugartown but can't decide.

laker

Ran the sugartown and it sounded great but ended up bringing home a Twisted Sister with Ipe & Purpleheart.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: jordanz7935 on February 14, 2016, 10:04:39 AM
Looks like you brought home some keepers. Crystal Mistress is a killer call and his mouth calls are really good too. How do you like that sugartown sweetness? I'm looking to get either his new slate or the sugartown but can't decide.
I like the way the STS2 sounds.
I especially like it being a 2 sided call with slate on the bottom
It purrs and clucks nicely

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: laker on February 14, 2016, 02:41:14 PM
Ran the sugartown and it sounded great but ended up bringing home a Twisted Sister with Ipe & Purpleheart.

I love my TS with the Ipe striker

Roost 1

tha bugman

Halloran makes some killer calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_leo

I was debating between Halloran, hooks, and pecker wrecker. I was open to any surface going in. After speaking with David's Hallorans father (sorry I didn't get his name). I debated between slate and ceramic. After running all three companies with many strikers I settled on the new slate over glass from. Halloran. I don't know how to describe the sound other than to the ear I felt the quality sounded better. Halloran will be my first stop in the future for additional pots as well!

FLGobstopper

David's calls are hard to beat. I have a Crystal Mistress and an Aluminum pot as well and both see a lot of playing time in the spring. Out of all of them though his TKO mouth call has been responsible for more bird deaths over the past 5 years for me than anything.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: FLGobstopper on February 16, 2016, 12:52:22 AM
David's calls are hard to beat. I have a Crystal Mistress and an Aluminum pot as well and both see a lot of playing time in the spring. Out of all of them though his TKO mouth call has been responsible for more bird deaths over the past 5 years for me than anything.
His TKO is top notch i have the twisted sister which was one of my first custom pots, I've also had his aluminum and ceramic at one point and time but either traded or gave those away. You guys are really making me want this new slate though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

southern_leo

Quote from: TauntoHawk on February 16, 2016, 09:34:58 AM
His TKO is top notch i have the twisted sister which was one of my first custom pots, I've also had his aluminum and ceramic at one point and time but either traded or gave those away. You guys are really making me want this new slate though

I bought his new slate it's awesome. Go on his Facebook he has a video of him running it.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: TauntoHawk on February 16, 2016, 09:34:58 AM

I'm regretting not buying it myself