OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aluminum Striker

Started by thuber, February 13, 2016, 01:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thuber

My first shot at an aluminum striker. Works real well on glass and crystal. Is there any interest in these kind of strikers? Thanks. Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eorlando

I may be. How much?  PM me if you don't want to post on here.

thuber

PM Sent

Lonehowl

thuber

Thanks. It was fun machining something other than machine parts.

otis

thuber

I put $65 on it but I'm getting some negative feedback on that price. Some snakewood is going for $60. Does $55 sound fair.

lightsoutcalls

Cool idea, and I love it when folks think out of the box.  You may find your market very limited due to the cost.  No doubt the materials and time involved in making them justify the selling price, you may find that many folks have a hard time justifying the expense when they have used something else that costs less in the past. 
Don't sell yourself short.  You may have to find a couple of known hunters/individuals to use and even informally endorse your product to get going.  Once your name and product have some recognition, there may be more folks willing to fork over the money.  Looks like great craftsmanship from your pics!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Rick Howard

Rick Howard

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on February 18, 2016, 11:57:46 AM
Cool idea, and I love it when folks think out of the box.  You may find your market very limited due to the cost.  No doubt the materials and time involved in making them justify the selling price, you may find that many folks have a hard time justifying the expense when they have used something else that costs less in the past. 
Don't sell yourself short.  You may have to find a couple of known hunters/individuals to use and even informally endorse your product to get going.  Once your name and product have some recognition, there may be more folks willing to fork over the money.  Looks like great craftsmanship from your pics!

Exactly my thoughts

hpo

Very cool. I like it and am interested.
Shoot'em in the Face!

pappy

here was my aluminum striker I made two one for VAHUNTER and one for the Nationals had it anodized in red (had to buy it back myself) that is the reception I got...but they do play great on glass, crystal and Ceramic....I don't think your pricing is high, look at my pics and see what it takes to turn one out by hand, then folks should see the time and effort that is in one of these...pappy the
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206