OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gould's in 2017

Started by fowledup, February 11, 2016, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fowledup

Hello everyone, I am looking to book a Gould's hunt for myself and a friend in 2017. I have researched and received information from several outfitters, but I would like to hear any personal experiences that anyone has had while hunting with any of the Gould's outfitters that are out there. Any information that you all could give would be a big help in hopefully narrowing down an outfitter. Thanks.

dejake

Are you planning to go to Mexico?

fowledup

Yes. Arizona would be cool, but I would like to take two birds since this will most likely be a one time hunt.

LI Outdoorsman

I Hunted with El Halcon outfitters with my wife...Everything went smooth had an awesome hunt. We both completed our royal slams there..
http://www.halconoutfitters.net/ing/index.html

fowledup

It seems like Rio Sonora, and El Hancon are the two outfitters that keep being brought up by people. Nothing against those guys, just curious if there are some others that anyone has had experience with that I should check into. I had a customer of mine last fall tell me that he talked to someone at the NWTF convention last year that seemed very reputalble and was a little cheaper, but he couldn't remember their name. Does anyone know who that may be?

Yoder409

Quote from: LI Outdoorsman on February 12, 2016, 09:54:19 PM
I Hunted with El Halcon outfitters with my wife...Everything went smooth had an awesome hunt. We both completed our royal slams there..
http://www.halconoutfitters.net/ing/index.html

THIS !!!!

I've known Manuel for close 15 years.   He, as well as his outfitting service are TOP NOTCH !!!   If I ever go go do a Gould's hunt again there would be no other thought than to return to El Halcon.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

LI Outdoorsman

I don't know about anyone cheaper but Manuel and his family were gracious hosts and his guides were awesome. It was more like you were a family guest than a paying customer and the hunting and scenery was spectacular

hotrod3h

Quote from: fowledup on February 13, 2016, 12:40:25 PM
It seems like Rio Sonora, and El Hancon are the two outfitters that keep being brought up by people. Nothing against those guys, just curious if there are some others that anyone has had experience with that I should check into. I had a customer of mine last fall tell me that he talked to someone at the NWTF convention last year that seemed very reputalble and was a little cheaper, but he couldn't remember their name. Does anyone know who that may be?

Could be this outfit.

http://www.cazafaris.com.mx/us/index.php

I talked with him. Then looked down at references and one was guy I had planned to meet. When I met him I asked him and he had a great time. Long story he suggested I bid on his hunt at an auction I won and my new friend is going back next year with me.

I don't know pricing of other places I know El Hancon went super high at auction. Good luck.