turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Old?

Started by Cane Cutter, February 04, 2016, 03:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cane Cutter

How old is your vest or do you tinker?  I go through them quickly, and at one time started not taking one with me, but missed it for some reason or another tradition I guess. I wish I could find one that I would say this is it....no more....but I am constantly tinkering and finding another I want to try so as soon as I get rid of one 3 more sprout up.  Please tell me I am not the only one out there. :TrainWreck1:
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

g8rvet

I have 2.  One is about 12 years old.  It is ready to start hunting alone soon!  It is warm and heavy as heck. Perfect for chilly mornings.  I got one last year which is lighter weight, does not pack much, but is perfect when it is hot or I plan on being mobile and hostile. 

Now turkey seats?  that is what I can't seem to find just the right one.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

MK M GOBL

No vest for me anymore... changed over to a hip pack 3 years ago and not looking back.

MK M GOBL

Tail Feathers

Just bought my fourth vest in about 15 years.  I have one I keep as a spare but rarely use so I'm getting about 7 years out of 'em.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

trad bow

My vest is so old I have no idea where I bought it. It is at least twenty-five years old. No tag or any thing else left to spark my memory. I hunt almost every day but I do take care of it and wash it after toting a bird out of the woods. it is well built. Heavy cloth and hot in the late season. I do admit to being a tightwad and if I can repair it , I keep on using it.

Greg Massey

My vest is over 12 years old it was a gift from our local chapter of the NWTF were i was president of our chapter for 4 years..the vest i had before that was over 8 or 10 year..i don't use a vest any more. i use a range bag or hip bag...To old to run and gun any more ..i just build 3 to 4 good blinds and hunt out of those..

fallhnt

I bought a Super Elite 3 when they were sized,so 20 yrs maybe. It's still like new because I bought a large and when you put stuff in it it is to small for me. I have three SE 3 , the I use in the fall is WELL used.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

turkeywhisperer935

My super elite 3 is about 7 or 8 years old and it's been a good vest. Thinking my next will be the new se 2 or an ol Tom.

Happy

Had my super elite 3 about 8 years now. I gave my original vest away to a die hard turkey hunter I worked with who couldn't afford one. A wife and 4 children didn't allow him much extra cash. Killed a bird the first day he wore it so now it's his lucky vest. Love the elite though and never wash it. Love the blood stains on the seat.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dirt road ninja

This will be my current vest's 4th season and I'll be very disappointed if I can't get 5-7 seasons out of it.

Gamblinman

This will be my eighth season with my Limbhanger and its still in good shape. Wish they would make them again...or the Bob Dixon knockoff.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Cane Cutter

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 05, 2016, 11:09:54 AM
This will be my eighth season with my Limbhanger and its still in good shape. Wish they would make them again...or the Bob Dixon knockoff.
Yeah the limbhanger....I could not remember the name....yeah I wish they made that one again.
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

tomstopper

This  will be my fourth season with my Tatr 2 and I love it. I will keep it until it falls apart and then I will probably patch it to get more years out of it (one because I love it and two because I am cheap...lol)

greentag

ive used a super elite 3 for the last 8 or 9 years,i had to sew the game bag strap once because ill put  my coat and water in there and it finally gave out.but sewd it and its still going strong.

Gooserbat

I'm on my 3rd in about 16-17 years.  I had a fourth I used only one season but I hated it and sold it. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.