OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rob Roberts or Tarjac

Started by Tailwalk, February 03, 2016, 07:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tailwalk

I wanted to get my M2 dipped in MOBL and I have narrowed it down to two companies. I know Roberts place does a good job and they work on benellis and Tarjac does all of benellis warranty for camo dipping. Does anyone prefer one over the other or are they both good places to send my gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

I've never heard of Tarjac but I went to their website.  Looks like they do good work.  How do their prices compare?
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Mike Honcho

I had an Ithaca 37 Turkeyslayer done at Tarjac...it is probably the best camo dip job I have ever seen, including factory dipped guns.

Tailwalk

Ya I called Benelli to see if I could send my gun to them and they said Tarjac does all of benellis warranty so I figured they were solid. I haven't compared prices

Mike Honcho

I believe you just have to call Tarjac and talk pricing on the phone...don't think they post it online.

Honcho

dms2511

Rob Roberts has done gunsmithing work for me, and i have to think that he would not put his name on anything that wasn't top notch. With that being said, Tarjac has dipped numerous items for me and they do an outstanding job. I dont think you go wrong with either option!

PALongspur

Not to bash anyone but if Tarjac does the Benelli factory work I think I'd look elsewhere. For $1500 guns they have the worst finish on the market.

eorlando

Quote from: PALongspur on February 03, 2016, 07:56:17 PM
Not to bash anyone but if Tarjac does the Benelli factory work I think I'd look elsewhere. For $1500 guns they have the worst finish on the market.

I don't think anyone said they did the factory work but rather the warranty work. Just sayin...

sbe2shooter

I would not go with Tarjac. Originally sent my SBE 2 to them to be dipped. Looked good, but started chipping around comfort stock. Sent it back for repair, within a month of getting it back, same thing. I just use it as is for now...gives it character...but they did horrible for me.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: PALongspur on February 03, 2016, 07:56:17 PM

I have a m2 that RR did,didn't last one turkey season...Don't even get me started on my yeti color lid...It looked good sittin in the gun cabin that's about it

If you have it dipped at RR better buy a sharpie so you can blend that bottomland in when the dip chips,cracks,and peels

OP give Tad a call...This my other M2
http://www.carolinagraphicenterprises.com/page-2.php

taylorjones20

I had my browning gold dipped by the mossy oak guys.  It chipped around the ports in the barrel within a couple of shots and it starting rubbing off after a few hunts.  It seems that no matter who does the dipping, it's going to start looking rough at some point...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

reynolds243

Rob did my SBE2 and I have no complaints or issues with 3 ROUGH seasons on it. He also said if I had any chipping or issues to call him and he would make it right.  Just my experience

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Tailwalk

Sent you a pm Reynolds

01Foreman400

I'm going to have my SBE dipped this year.  Never heard anything negative about RR until this thread. 
Huntin Fool From Georgia!