News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee

Started by PASTRUTTER21, February 02, 2016, 03:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRules

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on February 26, 2016, 12:44:10 PM
I don't care to help any one out, there's plenty of turkeys for all of us. There's plenty public places to hunt in every state that has birds. It's not always about killing birds, it's about making new friends and just to be able to get out and just hunt different places. To many selfish people out there we should help hunters out, that's what this site was intended to do. I read the first couple of post on this subject I was shocked at the responses. We should help each other out not be negative like what I seen.

Don't get me wrong, I have helped others out just not in public.  I have shown them how to locate birds, read sign, setup, and call.  A number of times these ended with people learning, liking the sport, and leaving me behind because they got what they needed.  Fact of life and no hard feelings.  I am glad I was able to help them and they enjoy the sport.

I have a good friend that wants to kill a turkey.  He does not want to go with me to scout, get up early to listen, or locate where they are.  He wants me to set him up and have him shoot a bird to put on Facebook.  He is still waiting on that bird.

The help I am providing is to all hunters. Don't get on a website and post where you hunt and what you kill, unless you want serious company.  To find birds takes work.  To find birds out of state takes a lot of work.  To kill birds takes work, persistence, and luck.  To kill birds out of state takes money, work, persistence, time, and luck.  There are no shortcuts unless you have ample money for someone to set you up.

J-Shaped

[[/quote]

I have a good friend that wants to kill a turkey.  He does not want to go with me to scout, get up early to listen, or locate where they are.  He wants me to set him up and have him shoot a bird to put on Facebook.  He is still waiting on that bird.

[/quote]

That is so unfair. You know I don't have a Facebook account!  ;D

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 26, 2016, 12:58:39 PM
^^^ Care to point me to some spots in eastern Kentucky ol buddy ol pal lol.  Helping people is one thing. Giving away spots is another. This isn't nothing new. My grandpa always said never tell anyone where you are killing your squirrels, catching your fish or digging your herbs cause someone will be there. This was a man born in 1907 and obviously way before the internet so this thinking has been ingrained in people for probably centuries. The internet makes it even worse. One guy blabs and thousands read it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I would be glad to put you on some good public land hunting in Kentucky. There's all kind of good land.

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: silvestris on February 13, 2016, 10:00:54 PM
I was taught that selfishness was a virtue when it comes to turkeys.  Take or point another turkey hunter to your honey hole and next year you get the chance to meet his friends and ad infinidum.  That being said, I have by chance met some nice guys who I have put on turkeys on rare occasions and I smiled when they left a thank you note and a feather under my wiper blade.  But, still, it is not wise to make a it a habit.

Am I the only one laughing at this?? LOL Touché sir...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Capt.hooks

Sooooooo is asking for help for non res. Hunters out of the quotation or what?... Id like to shoot some birds while I'm not fishing at LBL. Amy help would be appreciated...

turkey_slayer

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on February 26, 2016, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 26, 2016, 12:58:39 PM
^^^ Care to point me to some spots in eastern Kentucky ol buddy ol pal lol.  Helping people is one thing. Giving away spots is another. This isn't nothing new. My grandpa always said never tell anyone where you are killing your squirrels, catching your fish or digging your herbs cause someone will be there. This was a man born in 1907 and obviously way before the internet so this thinking has been ingrained in people for probably centuries. The internet makes it even worse. One guy blabs and thousands read it.

I would be glad to put you on some good public land hunting in Kentucky. There's all kind of good land.
One of these days I'm going to hunt that state. I'm only a little over an hour away from Jenkins, ky.

turkeyfoot

I grew up 20 minutes from Elkhorn City some decent Natnl forest nearby