OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee

Started by PASTRUTTER21, February 02, 2016, 03:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PASTRUTTER21

I am looking for the best areas in the state of Tennessee to do some turkey hunting wether it b public or outfitters. Just looking for good info to kill a bird or two in that state. Thanks in advance!!!

turkeywhisperer935

Natchez Trace state park. It's a large WMA in west Tennessee. I figure you would anyway but you should scout it first and get to where you want to hunt early.

Roost 1

jwhunter

There are no turkeys in Tennessee!

buzzardroost

There's a young guy that has posted all about the best public land in TN all over the web and really caused a lot of problems for local hunters. Google would probably turn up a lot for you on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LI Outdoorsman

Uh Oh....Tennessee..here we go again..... :TrainWreck1:

RemingtonRules

Do you prefer bottomland or hardwood ridges?

Do you have a specific age class you are targeting? 

Do you want a mixture of field birds and woodland hunts or have a preference for just one?

Do you like to run and gun or prefer to sit for long periods? 

Some background will help me zero you on the places and birds.

Fullfan

Quote from: jwhunter on February 09, 2016, 12:56:55 PM
There are no turkeys in Tennessee!

LOL ya right, That is not what I saw several years ago...

PAstrut shot ya  a pm
Don't gobble at me...

rbreedi1

They all died off.. didn't you guys hear?  :newmascot:
Thunder Ridge Totes

PASTRUTTER21

I prefer hardwoods hunting on ridges or mountains. No jakes obviously. I know there r birds there no doubt about it. I have no problem workin and walking for what I kill.

ThunderChickenHunter21

They gone!!  Stay away from middle tn!! lol

sasquatch1

Quote from: buzzardroost on February 09, 2016, 01:40:56 PM
There's a young guy that has posted all about the best public land in TN all over the web and really caused a lot of problems for local hunters. Google would probably turn up a lot for you on that.

Their biggest problem is selfishness and not being proficient enough if you ask me.

To the op, if you want some help Pm me. I don't mind helping people out as I would rather have 4 of us all kill 1 bird each and all have smiles then me kill 4 for myself!

tha bugman

Go east young man

silvestris

I was taught that selfishness was a virtue when it comes to turkeys.  Take or point another turkey hunter to your honey hole and next year you get the chance to meet his friends and ad infinidum.  That being said, I have by chance met some nice guys who I have put on turkeys on rare occasions and I smiled when they left a thank you note and a feather under my wiper blade.  But, still, it is not wise to make a it a habit.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

sasquatch1

Quote from: silvestris on February 13, 2016, 10:00:54 PM
I was taught that selfishness was a virtue when it comes to turkeys.  Take or point another turkey hunter to your honey hole and next year you get the chance to meet his friends and ad infinidum.  That being said, I have by chance met some nice guys who I have put on turkeys on rare occasions and I smiled when they left a thank you note and a feather under my wiper blade.  But, still, it is not wise to make a it a habit.

Ill just find another place. There's 50 states and many of them have a honey hole somewhere