turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Slate?

Started by Honolua, February 02, 2016, 03:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutt down

Paul Platz maple slate & a Cody World Class slate.

Spitten and drummen

paul platz maple slate. haven't hunted a lonzo black acrylic slate that just came in yet , but that thing sounds sweet. waiting on a blue mahoe from jimmy schaffer that I picked out and have a strong feeling it will jump to the top of my list.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

greentag

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 04, 2016, 08:41:56 AM
paul platz maple slate. haven't hunted a lonzo black acrylic slate that just came in yet , but that thing sounds sweet. waiting on a blue mahoe from jimmy schaffer that I picked out and have a strong feeling it will jump to the top of my list.
i didnt know that jimmy put slate in the blue mahoe,that should be a good one,i have one of the crystal blue mahoe's and it sounds really good.i have seen some he has been putting in maple and zebrawood laminate pots and they are awesome looking.when you get it you will def.have to let us know what you think of it.

Spitten and drummen

will do. he has 10 of them to send to Nashville right now. the sound is a toss up between his zebrawood / maple laminate. very close in sound. the edge to me went to the blue mahoe.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wvmntnhick

Favorite slate right now goes to Richard McKinnis. His long slate I found to be easy to play, vocalizes well and fits the hand much better than a round pot call. Not saying there's anything wrong with the pot calls but I really like my long slate at the moment.

mspaci

My favorite is the slate over glass in canary wood I made myself last year. Mike

greentag

new favorite slate by far is the new halloran wenge,walnut laminate,that thing rocks!