OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eleven more days!

Started by hobbes, March 29, 2011, 06:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

My sentiments are right in there with a big lot of you.  I'm tired of waiting.  Come on April 9th.  We didn't even hunt first weekend last year because of the snow, but I believe we'll be out this year snow, rain or shine.

I still haven't decided if we'll drive to eastward to hunt Isaac's limited tag or drive south (much closer) to hunt OTC, but were going.  We may hold off and give Isaac's tag a chance on our way back from IL on the 25th and 26th then drive back if necessary.

I'm going to try to make it to where we killed last year's CO bird and listen/scout on Saturday.  I'm not sure if the road will be open that high since we didn't hunt there before the end of April last year.

Last year's bird was taken here.

In late May the temps were cold enough that we were wearing thermals and Isaac's ears were freezing

This morning looked similar to this and it was 4.2 degrees when I left my house this morning............good thing the turkeys don't live up here.

LX_Trkyhntr

It will be here before you know it!! :anim_25:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

catdaddy

I always enjoy your pics man!

clarksvalley

same here i look forward for more pictures.

marshboy

Hang in there, hobbes.
I'm waiting for April 20th here in Iowa...now I don't understand why I chose to go 3rd season here instead of first ???
Greg

njdevilsb

That looks like some awesome country to hunt birds in.  I hope to get out there some year.

flintlock

Simply stunning country!  GOOD luck bro!

:you_rock:
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

RutnNStrutn

Hobbes, you come hunt with me, and I'll come out and go skiing with you!! :lol:
Good luck bro!!! :anim_25:

hobbes

I'd rather you come shoot a turkey with me, but I can ski too.  I think I can honestly state that I am a better turkey hunter than skier, but that may not be saying much.

archery1

BEAUTIFUL PICS!!!!!!!!!WELL U BEAT ME I GOT A MONTH TO GO .. UP HERE IN PA WE START KINDA LATE I THINK?
Take a kid hunting