News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lynch box calls

Started by southern_leo, February 01, 2016, 07:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

Foolproof vs World Champion? And why?

Also eyed the Cody box calls. I originally posted this in call subforums but it's not very active over there only had a couple replys.

VAHUNTER

Like any other call. Run them both if possible.
Then pick the call that gives you the sound that you are wanting.
I have two old Lynch box calls that belonged to my Dad. Both calls are Champion calls.
Both sound great and have called in a pile of turkey
Good things come to those who wait

southern_leo

Thanks. I'd love to buy both but I'm just getting into turkey hunting so already spending a bit on other goodies and trying to be somewhat conservative so the wife doesn't get too mad

trkehunr93

If your just starting, the Fool Proof cannot be beat.  I have had one since my hunting career started and it hunts alot with me.  Like the name says it's fool proof and easy to run.

kyturkeyhunter4

Both calls sound great,but for a beginner turkey hunter I would definitely go with the fool proof. Very easy to run.

Greg Massey

My first box call was a old fool proof great box call...i also have a hand me down champion i carry every season just like my old Remington 870..Both are good box calls...Get you some rain chalk and your good to go..

southern_leo

So far looks like fool proof has the lead

Jbird22

I've never owned a World Champion but do have a Fool Proof that was made in Liberty, MS and it's a great call. I don't use box calls much but it does stay in my vest for most of the season.

Cane Cutter

I like the World Champion because I can gobble on it.  I took mine out of my call storage and into the vest last night!
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

Greg Massey

Hey guys talking about the lynch box call's is it the number 8 rubber band that fits these box calls?

silvestris

Allen Jenkins did a decent job after he bought the company from M.L.  But Lynch is now a turn um out outfit.  Doesn't mean you can't get a great sounding caller, but I want to hands on any box that I purchase.  I have my ear on a Barefoot Box, but I have to find a reason to go to Jackson for some hands on.  He has a couple of sound files on Facebook under "Barefoot's Boxes".
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Greg Massey

I agree silvestris ... the 2 lynch box calls i have are very old..I have helped call makers in the past at the NWTF convention. and we would have a table full of box calls and it was always fun to watch people hand pick a box call that sounded the best to them...It's all about the sound your looking for ...

Cane Cutter

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 03, 2016, 11:51:25 AM
I agree silvestris ... the 2 lynch box calls i have are very old..I have helped call makers in the past at the NWTF convention. and we would have a table full of box calls and it was always fun to watch people hand pick a box call that sounded the best to them...It's all about the sound your looking for ...
some folks hear different things....as long as you got rhythm... :jackson:
Bringin tha boom to ya room!

southern_leo

Ok I'm about to open a big opinion box....what sound should I be looking for in a box? I've heard a lot now some high pitched that don't even sound like a turkey imo and others that sound nice and deep. But I don't care what I think sounds good I want something that works. I'm starting to think turkey calls are like fishing lures. Everyone gets what looks good to them but that doesn't mean it will look good to a fish. I'm thinking call sounds are the same way. I'm new so don't beat me up if I'm wrong lol. Also seems that in pressured woods less popular calls yield good results i.e. tube calls. Maybe due to educated birds? I'm going to the convention and feel like I'll gain a lot of knowledge. So what sounds should I look for? Looking for a few good reliable calls. 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Personally, i wouldn't own one.  Too many other box calls out there that have superior sound quality.