turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

JAKES fishing event...pic heavy

Started by barry, March 29, 2011, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

The James River NWTF Chapter of Bedford, VA hosted its JAKES youth event this past Saturday. Once again we stocked a pond with trout for a day of fishing. Well it was cold Saturday morning with the temps in the low 30's. Despite the fish not biting well the kids still seemed to have a good time.

Nugget the farmowners dog was a big hit with the kids.

Some very nice trout were caught.

Miss Abby McGuire topped everyone with 4 lunkers.

Did I mention it was cold? 4 burn barrles were on hand to warm up by

The hot chocolate tent was a popular spot.

We had a lot of no-shows because of the weather but for all those that tuffed it out thru the low temps, we had a hotdog/hamburger lunch plus door prizes for all.

If nothing else we had a great view of the mountains!

Thanks again to the Mayhew family for allowing us use of their facilities and to the chapter volunteers for helping put together another great day for the kids.

GOLD HUNTER

hobbes

TClark

Lots of smiling faces that's for sure!!
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

TRKYHTR

Congrats to all those involved for making a special day for a few kids.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

PANYHunter

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:  Looks like those kids (of all ages) were having a great time.

Hognutz

Looks like those kids sure enjoyed the day. Those trout were huge. I can only imagine the fight that they put up for those youngsters. Kudo's to your chapter for making it happen.. :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

njdevilsb

It looks like everyone had a great time.  Seems like a fun event to be a part of. 

TURKEYWHACKER

I applaud your chapter for makin' those kids day. :icon_thumright: My favorite event is our chapters (Suncoast Beards & Spurs) Jakes fishin' day. I reserve a pavillion next to the restrooms and a fish feeder to make it a little easier on the kids. We invite a local group that helps with handicapped children and it sure makes ya feel good to see the joy on their faces when a fish is caught. For some of these kids it's the only opportunity they get to fish. But we do ours in the summer... :you_rock: when it's warm.

nctrkyhntr

TnHunter

Looks like a great time had by all.
Life is good today

M,Yingling

Nice pics ,, looks like a good time  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TURKEYSLAYER101

Awesome! Nothing like watching kids catching trout and having fun!  :icon_thumright:

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!