OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

He just couldn't stay away!

Started by muddydawg, March 29, 2011, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddydawg

Had a great hunt with my brother this weekend. Got there well before daybreak and sat by the river listening. Nothing, cloudy foggy, and nothing in hearing distance but some pairs of woodies. Gave it a half hour and decided we should ease and walk up the ridge. Walked a little ways stopping along the way soft yelping and heard a hen answer back then Taaaooooowwww. Sat down cause the hen was close. Couple of minutes of yelping and purring my brother whispers Hen's coming in. Walked right between us at 5 yards. Let her work her way on out and heard the tom hammering hard chasing after a hen in the other direction. Decided to get aggressive. Started doing the fighting pur, clucking, yelping, even broke out the ol hat trick shaking it into the leaves. Needless to say he changed course and came on a beeline. He must have gobbled 50-60 times along with the others he had in tow with him. Got my gun up and ready and all of a sudden I hear some nervous clucks. Look over my shoulder and there stands a jake who's got me pegged at 10 yards. Sneaky sucker. Drew a bead on the gobbler and smoked him at thirty yards. My heart was about to explode it happened so fast! What a blast! Had 3 other gobblers in tow with him...getting back after them this weekend!

[attachment deleted by admin]

heathwesley

Awesome!  You wont forget that one with your brother.

hobbes

Congrats!  Some of my best hunts have been with my brother!

muddydawg

Quote from: hobbes on March 29, 2011, 05:42:00 PM
Congrats!  Some of my best hunts have been with my brother!
We've been hunting together all our lives and duck hunt hard together. He never understood what I liked about turkey hunting til I got him in the woods last spring and he got his first ol tom. When we were done he said "Man I can't breathe," and he was shaking bad. He's been hooked ever since and drives from Atlanta to go with me every chance he gets.

Basser69

Congrats! Sounds like a great hunt  :icon_thumright:

JVA54

Reloader

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

timbrhuntr

GAbird

Awesome read, sounds like an intense hunt!  I enjoy every hunt me and my brother get to go on together.  He taught me a everything about turkey hunting and there is nothing like sharing that bond chasing after some thunder chickens.

turkey slayer

Congrats! sounds like a great hunt!

njdevilsb

Congrats.  Sounds like it was a fun hunt.

nctrkyhntr

Chester