turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leupold vx-1 shotgun...

Started by Hooksnhorns, January 27, 2016, 08:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksnhorns

turkey scope, any feedback on these? I'm thinking bout goin that route, but I need to find out a lil more about how rugged they are. I'm shooting a 23" 870 SM shooting 3-1/2" shells, so I need something that'll hold up. I've had a tru glo tru brite holo type sight before, and it didn't cut it. I can't see the f/o sights and the turkey's  head at the same time ( bad eyes), so I'm down to putting glass on my shotgun.  Also heard Nikon makes a pretty good one, just want the toughest one for my money, because if it won't hold zero, ain't no use in havin it. Thanks y'all for any info.
Don't Tread On Me

tubecaller10

I have the vx1 1-4x20 mounted on my benelli 20 gauge M2. Absolutely love the clarity and eye relief. It is a 20 gauge but so far so good on holding zero. On the Nikon, I don't think they are making the Nikon turkey pro anymore but if you can find one its a great scope. Had it on a 12 gauge benelli and took it off and sold it like an idiot.. Wish I could get it back.

DAk28

400$ for the Nikon that is refurbished is insane, brand new it didn't retail for that go with the leupold for 229$ at mid-way.

KPcalls

I have the Leupold and love it...I just bought my girlfriend a Bushnell camo varible power scope that is 40mm with the circle X reticle. That could be another option for you.

Hooksnhorns

Thanks y'all. KP, do you have the Leupy on a 3-1/2", and how long have you had it? Is it the 1-4x20, or 2-7x33?
Don't Tread On Me

KPcalls

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on January 29, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
Thanks y'all. KP, do you have the Leupy on a 3-1/2", and how long have you had it? Is it the 1-4x20, or 2-7x33?

Yes Sir...it's on a Winchester SX3 12 gauge 3.5 that's drilled and tapped it's the Leupold 2-7x33mm. I've only had it since last year when I bought the gun, but there's no doubt in my mind that it will hold up. I've shot scopes for many years now and would never go back even if my eyes let me....I just bought a 20 gauge SXP and thought about trying the fiber optics...but my eyes wouldn't let me...so, it's got my ole Nikon on it.