turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just became a road hunter

Started by BigGobbler, March 29, 2011, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

I broke my foot lastnight. I did a good job on it. Fractured the right Distal tibia and the Trimalleolar tibia. Also fractured the Distal right Fibula. I go tomorrow to have surgery. Dang I wanted some time off to turkey hunt but not like this. My wife says look like see can cancel my hotel  stays. I shot her the look and said no way I can still craw therefore I will hunt. I have some places on public land that you can hunt right off the road, looks like I be hunting them. Maybe the doctor tomorrow will have some private land and take me.LoL never know.

Hognutz

Sorry to hear about the mishap. I could fill in for you.. :you_rock: Get well soon. A little turkey blood will help the healing process..Godspeed, Mr. Big..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

Man,  hate to hear that. Get well soon and bust some heads!

bowhunter84

i hope you have a fast recovery and killing a few turkeys may speed it up :anim_25:

TRKYHTR

Dang it. Hope it heals fast.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Reloader

Man, that sucks.  I'd find me a good walking boot. 

drum817

Quote from: Reloader on March 29, 2011, 06:27:40 PM

Exactly....maybe the Doc will have some kind of brace/boot you can wear.  I broke my foot in 1999 (bad) and they gave me a velcro strap boot that made it a lot easier to get around.  Hope you heal quick.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

LilFridWV

Might think about .22 hornet or .17 hmr for them longbeards.

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

30_06

Hope you get better fast.
I had my ACL replaced and my meniscus repaired last year and went hunting on crutches. It was a unique experience to say the least.

BigGobbler

Quote from: LilFridWV on March 29, 2011, 08:40:42 PM
Might think about .22 hornet or .17 hmr for them longbeards.

Florida just passed a law this year = no center fire rifles on public land for spring gobbler

kwil13

Quote from: drum817 on March 29, 2011, 06:35:03 PM
Quote from: Reloader on March 29, 2011, 06:27:40 PM

Exactly....maybe the Doc will have some kind of brace/boot you can wear.  I broke my foot in 1999 (bad) and they gave me a velcro strap boot that made it a lot easier to get around.  Hope you heal quick.
I've been in one of them velcro strap boots since the day before our season started,  :help: Doc says it will be at least another week before I can walk regularly.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.........John Wayne
Support NWTF
Support Delta Waterfowl

TURKEYWHACKER

So your sayin' "runnin' and gunnin' is out this spring ? Plop your butt down in a Gobbler Lounger and whack yo a big un.  :icon_thumright: :anim_25:

hookedspur

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 29, 2011, 05:32:46 PM
i hope you have a fast recovery and killing a few turkeys may speed it up :anim_25:
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

RutnNStrutn

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get healed up in time to get out in the turkey woods!!