OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonnie Mabry Eye Candy

Started by Scott Hock, January 25, 2016, 08:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Hock

Had the privilege of going and seeing Lonnie a while back. Awesome visit. I encourage everyone to try and make the trip. You won't be disappointed.
Everyone of these calls are pure turkey. Lonnie is one of the best out there.

Here are the wood combos that were asked about.

LEFT COLUMN TOP TO BOTTOM
Walnut/Walnut
Purpleheart/Poplar
Purpleheart/Ambrosia Maple
Walnut/Poplar
Purpleheart/Cedar
Cedar/Butternut Long Box

RIGHT COLUMN TOP TO BOTTOM
Purpleheart/Walnut
Purpleheart/Ambrosia Maple
Walnut/Spanish Cedar
Purpleheart/Cherry
Purpleheart/Mahogany
Walnut/Ipe Long Box

SS Calls

Fine flock of call there Scott!  :icon_thumright:

hunter22

WOW!!! Now that is impressive.

REBELYELL

Nice haul Scott. Look's like some good ones in that bunch.

Jgarrett

Now he's just showing off.....lol.....amazing set of calls you have there, Scott.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Roughneck

gaswamp

Scott Hock

To hard to let any of them go.

Yelper

A batch of great calls. Scott and I made the trip over to visit Lonnie a few months back. Couple of pictures of the calls in his shop, Lonnie usually has plenty of calls to choose from. You get to pick the call that you like and that is a Bonus, you get to leave with the call you like. Also allow yourself a couple of hours to listen to his turkey stories.

gaswamp

packmule

outdoors

WOW YELPER THATS SOME PIC .....
THATS A SUPER CLEAN LOOKING SHOP .....  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

J_mill

That is a great set of calls you got going there. I wish I had picked up a few more on my last visit. Now the Army has sent me to PA it may be a while before I get back, but I will be back for sure.  I had the pleasure of visiting Mr. Mabry last spring. He has a great setup going. Very few shops around that are as clean as his. Definitely put a couple hours aside as he will tell you everything you need to know about turkeys. What a great guy! What I found impressive was that if he makes a call and it doesn't sound good to him, it goes straight into the fire.

callmakerman

Looks like you emptied out his whole shop. Nice stuff.

hunter22

Curious why you don't have one of his scratch boxes in the group? I have got to make a visit to his shop one day.