OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Paddle call

Started by SS Calls, January 25, 2016, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SS Calls

This is one we built a few weeks ago. I talked Josh into letting me keep it!  :jackson:

letinmfly

Actually Josh said I could have it!!  :drool:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Scott Hock

That's another beauty!!

hunter22

What a looker. If you talked Josh into keeping it I can only imagine how good she sounds. I have the Kwila/Walnut you made that is off the charts good. Not everyone can tune a Walnut LB. But when they are right, they are some of the best in my opinion.

SS Calls

Quote from: hunter22 on January 25, 2016, 08:20:50 PM
What a looker. If you talked Josh into keeping it I can only imagine how good she sounds. I have the Kwila/Walnut you made that is off the charts good. Not everyone can tune a Walnut LB. But when they are right, they are some of the best in my opinion.

It cost me dearly Rickey. I'll have him paid off by 2020 I think.  :TooFunny: Glad you like the one you have. I have some Walnut drying that we harvested locally. Can't wait to get into it and make some calls.  Thanks guys!

outdoors

:begging:  I WANT ONE . . . . . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

greentag

you all make a great call,i got my first one of yours from midwest call supply last year,a butternut /kwila field grade.ive not seen very many really expensive boxes that sound as good as it.i love the fact that you all make a very top shelf call but still keep them priced were a good ole boy like me can actually afford a few.i plan to pick up some more in the future when i get all my ducks in a row.

SS Calls

Quote from: greentag on January 25, 2016, 08:37:36 PM
you all make a great call,i got my first one of yours from midwest call supply last year,a butternut /kwila field grade.ive not seen very many really expensive boxes that sound as good as it.i love the fact that you all make a very top shelf call but still keep them priced were a good ole boy like me can actually afford a few.i plan to pick up some more in the future when i get all my ducks in a row.

Thanks very much! Glad you like the Field box you have. We try to offer something to fit everyone's price range. Just let me know when you're in need of something else. We're more than happy to build something for you.

greentag

Quote from: SS Calls on January 25, 2016, 08:53:13 PM
Quote from: greentag on January 25, 2016, 08:37:36 PM

Thanks very much! Glad you like the Field box you have. We try to offer something to fit everyone's price range. Just let me know when you're in need of something else. We're more than happy to build something for you.
i sure will,ive wanted one of those checkered boxes for some time,but had to replace a roof and things of that nature,im bout to get caught up though,and tax time is around the corner,hopefully ill be getting in touch before too long,thanks

drenalinld

Just so everyone is clear, I have 2nds on this box.....lol
Unless Lou struck some deal with Josh...lol
Looks killer to me.

SS Calls

Quote from: drenalinld on January 25, 2016, 10:08:39 PM
Just so everyone is clear, I have 2nds on this box.....lol
Unless Lou struck some deal with Josh...lol
Looks killer to me.

David, I put a block on all communication between Lou and Josh!   :TooFunny:

trb136

Great Call Guys....I agree if you want to test yourself as a callmaker build a walnut body...

callmakerman

Like it. Whats the lid?

SS Calls

turkey stew

Sweet long box Al! I never go to Josh to get permission to steal Al`s calls. I contact the Shoemaker business boss, Kim!