turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Heavy snow in the BlueGrass state

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, January 22, 2016, 05:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Woke up this morning with about 3 inches of ice on the ground and now we got about 4 Moore inches of snow on top of that. Ands it's still coming down heavy right now there calling for around 8 inches when it's all said and done. I live just south of Lexington about 80 miles any of you other guys geting any of this weather in other states.

allaboutshooting

We have the same kind of thing going on here in South Carolina. Freezing rain, sleet and snow have been alternating and coming down all day. There's a 2nd round ready to hit right now. The mountains of North Carolina, maybe an hour and a half from us, really got hit hard with snow.

I think it will be the same way tomorrow and then Sunday/Monday it should warm up and get it out of here.

I have relatives in western Kentucky and they were expecting snow and ice as well.

Stay warm.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Happy

Getting snow now. Supposedly we are looking at 20 inches or so in the mountains of western md here. Will wait and see. We where due. We have had a really mild winter up to this point

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

owlhoot

Clark thought Illinois was the only place that got snow like that
Stay off the roof there  :cowboy:

Drthorn

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on January 22, 2016, 05:04:19 PM
Woke up this morning with about 3 inches of ice on the ground and now we got about 4 Moore inches of snow on top of that. Ands it's still coming down heavy right now there calling for around 8 inches when it's all said and done. I live just south of Lexington about 80 miles any of you other guys geting any of this weather in other states.

Same boat as you. I am in Hardin County, KY.

spurman

West KY about the same, we have 8in. on the ground. A lot of wind earlier makes for some deep drifts. It has stopped snowing for now. My sister lives about 40 miles north of me and they got hit harder then I did.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

laker

Adair County, KY and we are buried up the same. Enjoying some good ole turkey hunting vids on Youtube today.

strutnva

Not good here in VA either, prolly 8 inches now and not done.

Gobble!

8" in Western MD so far and still coming down.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: owlhoot on January 22, 2016, 05:53:20 PM
Clark thought Illinois was the only place that got snow like that
Stay off the roof there  :cowboy:

Maybe that snow followed us here, I hope not but no more roofs for me! The good news is that what we have should be gone in a few days.

We also had to miss the South Carolina Rendezvous this weekend due to the weather. We were really looking forward to it but all the ice and snow kept us inside.

Maybe next year.

Thanks,
Clark

mgm1955

gobbler777

Maryland is getting hammered from 20+ inches in some parts to 4" on the shore where winds are 50-60 mph. This weather ruined the Winter Season.. Come on Spring
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

OldSchool

Sorry to hear that you folks are taking a beating. Hang tough.

We've been really lucky here in central NY this year. We've only got about five inches on the ground now at my place. It's been chilly lately, with overnight lows at zero or a little below, but the lack of snow's been good for my worn out body. The less shoveling, the better.

Last winter was a rough one around here. Seems like it snowed six inches every day all winter, with several big storms thrown in. Our daytime temps didn't get out of the single digits for weeks at a time. Many nights were twenty to twenty five below zero. I hate it a little more every year.

The turkeys and other critters have had it better so far this year.

Good luck! :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

allaboutshooting

The sun is out today and while it's still very cold, the ice and snow is melting off the highways and sidewalks in the Greenville/Simpsonville area of South Carolina. It should be in the 50s here next week.

Thanks,
Clark

wvspitndrum

19.5 inches in North Central WV , has finally stopped , hoping it is over now !