turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian X customer service

Started by gotcha, January 21, 2016, 09:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotcha

I have a 3/4 strut Jake that the stake holder has come detached from decoy and will no longer hold air.Any experience with their customer service in repair/replacement policy?Sent an email but have not heard back,usually not a good sign.

MK M GOBL

Not that this will help with your decoy problem or fix it but... a DSD won't go flat if you end up buying a new deke.

MK M GOBL

2eagles

I'd give them a call to see how they want to handle the problem. Then let us know.
If they don't give you satisfaction, there are ways to solve your problem.

jepcho

Between me and a buddy of mine we've sent 3 emails, called multiple times and even tried getting ahold of them on twitter and Facebook and we can get absolutely no response from them at all. Idk what is going on with them but it has totally turned me off to zink/avian-x and my buddy and I have decided to no longer do business with them. Kinda sad because I do like their products.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

I never had any problem when I needed to get a hold of them.I do know they got bought out not long ago so if I was to lay money on it,I'd say there customer service along with the products will/have go down the drain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotcha

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 22, 2016, 07:22:03 PM
I never had any problem when I needed to get a hold of them.I do know they got bought out not long ago so if I was to lay money on it,I'd say there customer service along with the products will/have go down the drain
When I scrolled the site and saw there other companies I was disappointed.They seemed to be associated with the group buying all the outdoor product companies that have a TV show painfully hard to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Them zink boys cut their teeth on waterfowl calls and waterfowl hunting, guys.  You're in the final stretch of duck season and have another 3 weeks of extended goose seasons around the country.  The snow goose hunting is just starting to get hot now, as well.

They ain't thinking about turkey decoys at the moment.

gotcha

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on January 22, 2016, 08:48:43 PM
Them zink boys cut their teeth on waterfowl calls and waterfowl hunting, guys.  You're in the final stretch of duck season and have another 3 weeks of extended.. goose seasons around the country.  The snow goose hunting is just starting to get hot now, as well.

They ain't thinking about turkey decoys at the moment.

Yes I understand they are hunters,even thought they might be in Vegas at the Shot Show.I would think someone is in the office holding the fort down and shipping new orders.

kcrebel

I have to ask what number are you calling?  I have always called the number on their website and I have never once, not a single time, ever gotten a voicemail.  I have always had someone answer the phone in person and have always been incredibly helpful.  Their customer service is some of the best in the business. 

I broke the fan holder on my full strut decoy two years ago.  they sent me a brand new one no questions asked.  I offered to send the old one back and they said don't worry about it. 

Yes they were sold to Plano Synergy but that is merely a partnership.  The company remains in Port Clinton, OH and no one has lost their job.  Fred and his staff that duck hunt aren't the ones manning the phones so whether or not they are hunting, working at an industry show or whatever someone is always available to help out. 

Gobble!

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 22, 2016, 12:04:17 AM
Not that this will help with your decoy problem or fix it but... a DSD won't go flat if you end up buying a new deke.

MK M GOBL

But the paint will flake off and when you call them they say they can sell you touch up paint. Still happy with the purchase just expected a different resolution. 

Greg Massey

A lot of how a decoy looks after the season has to do with the way you treat them. I've seen a lot of people buy a new shotgun and after one season it looks 10 year old...so it again has a lot to do with how you use stuff...

TauntoHawk

I emailed them about a similar break, they got right back to me and sent me a replacement in a few days. Excellent service

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gotcha

Following up,I made contact today by phone(go figure).Lady was very helpful and appears as though they are replacing the decoy.Cant ask for more than that.

2eagles

See, l really like AvianX decoys. Turkey and goose. The problem here is that the original post makes it appear customer service is lacking and unless readers come back to this thread again, they may not buy a very good decoy. Please give a company a chance to make things right when problems occure before you post it up.

Greg Massey

Glad they took care of the decoy. This day and time most company's want your business so having good customer service goes a long way.