Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

((((POLL)))) How Many Turkeys Do You Kill each Year?

Started by Honolua, January 21, 2016, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Many Turkeys do you kill? each year?

0-3
4+
Op is a Genius and can have all my hunting stuff.

Honolua

:turkey2:
Just Curious...

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

OldSchool

I like a bird to eat now and then, but I get a bigger kick out of calling a bunch of different birds and just spending the time outdoors with them these days. That wasn't always the case, though.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Twowithone

Sometimes 1 its good to be out there chasing them Gobblers. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

OldSchool

The OP is a genius and can have all my hunting stuff... ;D ;D

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

jblackburn

Usually 2 - 4, but I've ranged from zero to 6.  Pretty much every year I threaten to quit and sell all my hunting stuff
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dirt road ninja

Much depends on work 2-6 is a safe range, most years 3-5.

Happy

Depends on how much I get to hunt. 2 is probably my average. Thinking I will get more time to hunt this year so that's good.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tail Feathers

It varies with where I get to go hunt.  Usually two or three, on a good year 4-5. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WisTurk

Quote from: OldSchool on January 21, 2016, 01:41:56 PM
The OP is a genius and can have all my hunting stuff... ;D ;D

Bob

Yeah, it's odd that one isn't getting any votes (yet)  ::)

Gobble!

MK M GOBL

I hunt a bit... About 20-25 days a spring now and hunt with a number of "new" and "new to turkey" hunters, youth hunters, friends and a Learn to Hunt program. Looked through my (Turkey Book) for myself 4-5 birds and will call in another 9-10 birds for others. It took me 5 years to really learn my game and did pretty good for the next 8 years after that with about 7-8 birds a spring. Been pretty lucky over the last 12 years with an average of 13-14 birds a spring with a high of 21 and a low of 10 and a total of 161 birds in that timeframe, last year was my 25th season!

MK M GOBL

chadly

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 21, 2016, 05:17:55 PM
I hunt a bit... About 20-25 days a spring now and hunt with a number of "new" and "new to turkey" hunters, youth hunters, friends and a Learn to Hunt program. Looked through my (Turkey Book) for myself 4-5 birds and will call in another 9-10 birds for others. It took me 5 years to really learn my game and did pretty good for the next 8 years after that with about 7-8 birds a spring. Been pretty lucky over the last 12 years with an average of 13-14 birds a spring with a high of 21 and a low of 10 and a total of 161 birds in that timeframe, last year was my 25th season!

MK M GOBL

That is really good.  We can have a max of 2/year here in Iowa.  2 can be a challenge the last several years.  Congrats on getting the kids out to hunt.

VAHUNTER

I usually tag out. but i get more fun out of calling in birds for new hunters and good friends.
There are bonds built in the turkey woods while standing on the head of a Old Gobbler that can not be broken easily
Good things come to those who wait