turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ive heard it all now

Started by jakesdad, January 20, 2016, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

from the internet/facebook "experts". Why would anybody believe this was possible let alone post it?

"All of my birds have been killed with kent ultimate diamond shot #4 turns them into jellyheads even out to 100 yards with the right choke"

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

BABS9

guesswho

Worlds full of all kinds of people, even extremely stupid ones unfortunately.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

jakesdad

My reply was 100 yds? Really?

Their reply:Yea really.

I then replied anybody that shoots at turkeys with any shotgun load let alone 3" #4s is an idiot.

This might get fun  ;D

Its on facebook under the group "Turkey Hunting" and "whats your favorite shell and shot size"

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Thundermtn

I'm surprised he's admitting to only having a hundred yards gun. Unless I cut donuts with the sights when I pull the trigger all the shot will go through one little hole at 200 yards. It easier if I shoot one handed like a pistol, hits like 600 Robinwood arrows on top of each other otherwise. I need to polish the barrel and see how good it will really shoot some time.

Eric Gregg

Sit back and watch the show :popcorn:
It amazes me the level of ignorance and carelessness that somehow gets out in the woods with a gun

chadly

this talk of long shots had me wondering.  I tried an 86 yard shot yesterday at some crows in the back yard.  3 1/2 inch #4 Winchester long beards.  I aimed at one but thought I might get a couple.  Nope.  Not even a single bird was hit.  Pure luck of these guys shooting 100 yards.  Most probably don't know the yardage either. 

surehuntsalot

the sad thing is, this is what's happened to turkey hunting, idiots with guns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

OldSchool

Quote from: Eric Gregg on January 20, 2016, 05:58:36 PM
Sit back and watch the show :popcorn:
It amazes me the level of ignorance and carelessness that somehow gets out in the woods with a gun

And with all the information available to hunters today. Amazing, indeed.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

jakesdad

Quote from: surehuntsalot on January 20, 2016, 06:43:19 PM
the sad thing is, this is what's happened to turkey hunting, idiots with guns

Agreed. TV and the instant gratification mindset has brought it to this

guesswho

Tell the Moron that I'll buy a truck load of domestic turkeys.   I figure I can get at least twenty in my truck.  He can bring his Kent ultimate diamond shot #4's and the right choke.   I'll even pay for his trip here and back once he gets here and goes through with my proposal.    We'll laser off 100 yards and tie one of the turkeys to a post.   He shoots $100 a shot, but he has to shoot until he Kills all 20.   If he goes 20 for 20 I'll give him $2K cash and pay for his trip, shake his hand and tell him he's the man, plus I'll clean and donate all the turkeys to a local shelter.   For every shot he doesn't kill one he gives me $100.   But he has to shoot until all 20 are killed.   Be sure and tell him to bring lots of shells and money.   What a Doofus!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Unfortunately anyone can hide behind screen these days and make outrageous claim and pump themselves up. The real downside is now more people than ever are led astray by one idiots words. Technology is a curse as much as a blessing. It's no longer a game of respect and valuing an animals life enough to cause a clean kill. It's about numbers and how they can make an image for themselves. It embarrasses the heck out of me that these types are callin themselves hunters.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

jepcho

I just don't understand how somebody would even consider saying something like that. It has to be someone who has never actually patterned a shotgun

tha bugman

I have had a friend kill a couple of birds at 70-80 yards and all I can do is just internally shake my head...."Well it was either that or let him walk off" ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GomerPyle

This quote from John Stephens of RNT seems pretty applicable...

"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks turkeys...others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other."
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"