OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

World turkey hunting championship

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, January 20, 2016, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Anyone ever participated in this event?  Since I'm getting married this year I know the boss would have no part of me going this year, but me and a couple friends might do it within the next couple seasons.

http://nationalturkeyhuntingchampionship.com/wthc.html

davisd9

A bunch of blinds and decoys.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Vaturkeyhntr

Quote from: davisd9 on January 20, 2016, 11:08:06 AM
A bunch of blinds and decoys.

Sent from the Strut Zone

no doubt about that!!! 

dirt road ninja

I'd like to give it a go once, even though the vast majority of my cinematic experience revolves around an IPhone. Would be cool to say I'm heading to KS to compete in the World Turkey Hunting Championship. If by some stroke of luck my team was to win, I'd spend a large portion of my share of the winnings having a "Turkey hunting world champion" belt and ring made. That way whenever I get in an online discussion I could post a picture of my belt and my opinion would reign supreme, never to be questioned by mere mortals without a belt! Hell, I might have the belt made anyway!

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 20, 2016, 02:08:34 PM
I'd like to give it a go once, even though the vast majority of my cinematic experience revolves around an IPhone. Would be cool to say I'm heading to KS to compete in the World Turkey Hunting Championship. If by some stroke of luck my team was to win, I'd spend a large portion of my share of the winnings having a "Turkey hunting world champion" belt and ring made. That way whenever I get in an online discussion I could post a picture of my belt and my opinion would reign supreme, never to be questioned by mere mortals without a belt! Hell, I might have the belt made anyway!

Let's go and this is my pose when we win and get the belts:

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

guesswho

Not for me.   For me turkey hunting is a competition, but not between hunters.   Amongst friends is one thing, but I'll pass on this.    This type of competition tends to bring out the worst in some people.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dirt road ninja

Quote from: guesswho on January 20, 2016, 02:24:54 PM
This type of competition tends to bring out the worst in some people.

Yep, I 100% agree.

I'd still think it would be a fun trip.

RussM311

This is just so someone can buy a world championship!!  Nothing but BS and a waste of time.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

strutnva

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 20, 2016, 02:08:34 PM

This is tooooo funny, in all reality if I went and won, my buddies would never hear the end of the constant trash talking.  Classic!!!!

Gobble!

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 20, 2016, 02:27:59 PM
This type of competition tends to bring out the worst in some people.

Yep, I 100% agree.

I'd still think it would be a fun trip.

Heck yeah

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

smalls

Pretty sad.  Can't believe some of the names associated with this as sponsors.  What a joke.

Fishing tournaments are one thing.  You can put the fish back.  Turkey hunting is so different.  HUNTING is different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ccleroy

Not for me.   For me turkey hunting is a competition, but not between hunters.   Amongst friends is one thing, but I'll pass on this.    This type of competition tends to bring out the worst in some people.

Spot on old boy.

Vaturkeyhntr

I agree anytime there is money involved and having big names together in one place I could see it becoming out of hand with many egos being hurt.

But how sweet would it be to put a team together, go out there and come how with even a top 3 finish let alone come out on top when your going against what's considered "the best" or "pros".