OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gasoline $1.54 per gallon

Started by allaboutshooting, January 19, 2016, 03:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

1.27 in central Mo. Yesterday
Now in the news obuma wants a .25 cent increase in gas tax :angry9:
Do you think he would want to remove it if gas goes back up  ::)

Mike Honcho

$ 1.39 in St. Joseph, MO yesterday.

Prohunter3509

Spitten and drummen

Everybody enjoy the low gas price but remember nothing comes without a consiquence. I am glad it's low , but there is a whole lot of folks out of work or on the verge of being laid off. I work in the oil field and have for 18 years. The price in oil has nothing to do with Obama or anyone else in this country. One word and that is opec. I as enjoying the price at the pump like everyone else , but there are thousands without jobs now because of it. Oil at 29 bucks a barrel is the cause. If we could get it up to 60 and level out there , gas would average around 2.10 a gallon and jobs would be there. I agree when it's 90 or 100 bucks , that it sucks , because the ceo's of these oil companies are pulling in ungodly profits. Just food for thought. There is a trade off on everything.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

kevin2

It is $1.39 at the corner, but you can get it cheaper if I look a bit.

Enjoy it now, because it is only a matter of time before they start really taking advantage of us again.

If I could only stock pile the stuff in a big tank/s, lots of tanks, someplace!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

sasquatch1

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 06, 2016, 11:36:53 AM
Everybody enjoy the low gas price but remember nothing comes without a consiquence. I am glad it's low , but there is a whole lot of folks out of work or on the verge of being laid off. I work in the oil field and have for 18 years. The price in oil has nothing to do with Obama or anyone else in this country. One word and that is opec. I as enjoying the price at the pump like everyone else , but there are thousands without jobs now because of it. Oil at 29 bucks a barrel is the cause. If we could get it up to 60 and level out there , gas would average around 2.10 a gallon and jobs would be there. I agree when it's 90 or 100 bucks , that it sucks , because the ceo's of these oil companies are pulling in ungodly profits. Just food for thought. There is a trade off on everything.

I can second that, HOWEVER, a lot of those jobs was never there before and were only originally made so the oil companies could take advantage of the high prices and get more done while it was high. And yea, it's hurt some but it's helping out ALOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: sasquatch1 on February 07, 2016, 08:50:36 AM

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 06, 2016, 11:36:53 AMno

I can second that, HOWEVER, a lot of those jobs was never there before and were only originally made so the oil companies could take advantage of the high prices and get more done while it was high. And yea, it's hurt some but it's helping out ALOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right, to a extent ,but I can tell you there are a very large percentage of jobs that was not created because of high oil prices. They were working before these outrageous price increases. Not defending the big oil companies , but its not them that cause the price increase , its the world market and opec.These I am talking about had been employed for 10 plus years. Those created jobs , you are talking about ,started disappearing last november. I work for a company of what use to be 25. I am fortunate to have been with them for 15 years. Started on the bottom and over the years moved up to upper management.  I have had to lay off 13 people since nov. 2015. I understand where you are coming from and agree to an extent  , but it hits home when each of theses guys , most in their 30s and 40s with wives , kids and a mortgage sits across from you at your desk and you have to lay them off. I also understand that this goes on with every job and people do it daily , but my point was just to let people have a little insight to how many many others are affected. If it's not you or a family member involved , then you really don't realize it  not trying to rant but point out. Once again I also love the gas price , just wish oil would go back to 60 to 70 bucks and stay. That way workers could make a living and prices at the pump would be affordable.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

owlhoot

Well I would not think the .25 cent  GAS tax would help that Obama proposed.
Consumer pays more at the pump. That tax going to bring jobs back or push oil down some more?
Sorry about having lay offs , that is tough to take .
Been in manufacturing almost 30 years , know the feeling.

Spitten and drummen

That 25 cent tax is only gonna make the government more money. The Obama administration's deal with Iran surely didn't help anyone. It freed them up to flood the market with 500 million additional barrels of oil. The recovery of decent Oil prices per barrel Won't improve this year and maybe much of next. Just my thoughts , but it most likely is gonna get much worse before any kind of rebound.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Andy S.

$1.50ish in SW TN. I paid $0.52/gallon this weekend with $1.00 off from my Kroger Fuel points. I pumped 35 gallons for $18.  :D
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

LI Outdoorsman

L.I. NY yesterday morning I saw $1.99...That's real cheap in these parts..Gonna be good for guys road tripping for turkeys this spring if it continues this way.

Yoder409

Oil at $28-ish/barrel.....................wholesale future price of gasoline under 90 cents today.............. gasoline still hanging in there at $1.999/gal in the People's Democratic Republic of Pennsylvania.    :character0029:

Among...........if not THE highest gasoline tax burden in the nation and quite arguably the WORST roads and bridges.

Ya gotta love it.................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

OldSchool

$1.99 here in central NY this morning.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.