OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke for mossy 20

Started by WABOWMAN, January 18, 2016, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WABOWMAN

I got my son a mossy 20 gage super bantam for his first gun. He will be shooting it for 4-5 years along with the wife at times.
I have decided to get a quality choke for it from Jebs. I'm just not sure where I should start.
As far as shells that I'd like to put through it, I'm thinking heavy-13 5 or 6 and longbeard of the same sizes.
Any suggestions on choke size?
Thanks

Good Shocks And Four Wheel Drive

jordanz7935

Id reccomend Federal HW #7s.Other than TSS its the best load available for 20ga. No longbeards in 20 ga yet. IMO,There's a bunch of chokes for less than half the price of jebs that do very well with HW 7s.But, if you want the most holes in the 10" @40, the Jebs would be a safe bet.560-.582 chokes do well along with factory full choke.Also I'd reccomend trigger work be done as most Mossberg pumps have mushy, heavy triggers.Good luck and let us know what you go with.

dirt road ninja

Hevi-13 5's won't have enough shot to throw an impressive pattern IMO. To me 20 gauges 7's HTL go hand in hand.

WABOWMAN

What is TSS and HTL? Sorry for not knowing the lingo. I do know the HW.
I was under the impression that we couldn't use 7's here. Had to go to the regs to see and we are.

Good Shocks And Four Wheel Drive