OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Xtrema 2 Hevi 13 .671/ Urika 2 Kicks .670/ PG .670 *Update

Started by Longshanks, March 29, 2011, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Shooting a 24 in barrel xtrema 2 with a Kicks .670.   Been shooting Winchester XR  6'sand Winchester High Velocity loads 6's.  Looking to get a little more yardage out of the gun and wondering if anyone has had success with combo and a particular load.

SumToy

Drop back to the slower red shell if you going to shoot lead.  Go to HV-13 or winchester Elite.  If not give you what you want play with a smaller choke.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Longshanks

I have a primos JH .660 but ran into some serious POI problems shooting nitro 4/5/7's.  Wondering if i will be ok with kicks .670 trying some H-13 7's despite the warnings from kicks not to shoot hevi shot in their chokes.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I'm 95% sure it will be perfectly OK to run HTL through your Kick's GT.

SumToy

I have saw folks do it. They have not had any problems but I know they say not to. I feel that you will need to go HTL with that big of a choke.  Drop that gun down around a 650 with lead.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Longshanks

Thanks guys will give it a try with the Kicks .670 tomorrow.  Shot the JH .660 with H-13 6's and 7's today.  Impressive pattern with the 6's but the 7's was a fairly open pattern for 7's.  Been shooting 7's in a urika with a pure gold .670 with amazing numbers at 40yds.  Hunted with fed HW 7's in a 870 with a hastings .665 non ported choke  for the last several with incredible numbers and allot of spurs on the wall.  Glad to see the 7's are taking off.  My friends thought i was crazy when i started shooting them.  Would like to get my xtrema shooting 7's..i guess just gonna have to keep experimenting.

gander

Quote from: Longshanks on March 29, 2011, 12:41:39 PM

I have a primos JH .660 but ran into some serious POI problems shooting nitro 4/5/7's.  Wondering if i will be ok with kicks .670 trying some H-13 7's despite the warnings from kicks not to shoot hevi shot in their chokes.
[

I called Kicks a couple weeks ago and ask if I could shoot HTL shells through their chokes. I don't remember the guys name but he said it is o.k. to shoot HTL just don't shoot steel. He said he uses Winnie XR with Kicks.

Longshanks

Interesting..from what i was told by the Kicks people is that Winchester XR is a softer shot than hevi shot so they recommend the winchester shell but donot recommend hevi shot.  Hoping they will change their mind about H-13..

titansfan2104

Quote from: Longshanks on March 29, 2011, 09:52:49 PM
  Would like to get my xtrema shooting 7's..i guess just gonna have to keep experimenting.
A couple of guys on here are shooting the .671 HEVI choke in their xtremas along with #7s. Both are getting getting 300+ in the 10" @40. Enough for me to order the choke although i just bought the IC Black diamond strike , thats not even been shot !!!   :bike2:

Longshanks

Yup,, those are some inpressive patterns. I was trying to avoid buying another choke but if the Kicks .670 doesnt impress me im probably gonna have to buy the hevi .671 choke.  Have those guys had any issue's with POA/ POI?? Hoping to avoid the cost of sights..

Longshanks

Just ordered a hevi shot choke .671 and some 3.5/2.25/7's. Put some Tru-glo pro series sights on the the barrel.  Will keep you posted.  Thanks for the help. :z-guntootsmiley:

Longshanks

Xtrema 2/ Hevi 13 Choke .671/ 3.5/2.25/7's

333 in a 10 @ 40yds   Hevi 7's

230's in a 10 @ 40yds  Hevi 6's

*deep cleaning the barrel improved patterns by 30+ pellets.
*running the Kicks .670 for Pb and the Pure Gold .670 for HTL out of my Beretta Urika 2. Good hunting patterns. Shoot this gun in thicker timber. Interested to see what the Win LB XR's will do out of the Urika 2/Kicks .670.
*next project is see what the Win LB XR's/ 3.5 6's will do out of the Xtrema/ Hevi Choke .671

pdaugherty

I've ran some HEVI #6s and the MAG-Blend through a GT and they worked great. The MAG-Blend put down a great pattern, if you're gonna shoot that Kicks try those blends.