OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sights for H&R Topper

Started by USAFTurkey, January 14, 2016, 11:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USAFTurkey

I bought a H&R single 12 ga.  I had them fit a 20 ga barrel, but it has a vent rib.  Any ideas on the he best way to mount a red dot?  Can the rib be drilled and tapped?  Or, would you recommend something else?  Thanks.

USAFTurkey

I looked at the b-square, but it seems to get very mixed reviews.  Many saying, it flexes where it isn't attached and keeping zero is difficult.  I have no first hand experience with it, so I can't say for sure.

perrytrails

Sent my gun to Sumtoy customs. He threaded the barrel, made a choke and drilled the barrel for a rail.
Little closer view after the camo job.
I had him cut the rail to fit my red dot.

mnbeardbuster

Here's what you're looking for.

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

USAFTurkey

Quote from: mnbeardbuster on January 17, 2016, 11:53:03 AM
Here's what you're looking for.

Yes.  Is that the b-square?  Looks great!

mnbeardbuster

It is.  I have that setup for 10 yrs and haven't had any issues with it.  It's a solid mount and you will notice the added weight but nothing compared to a pump or auto.  I have another H&R with the same barrel but with William Fire Sights.  That's what I'm comparing the weight too.

USAFTurkey

Well, I got the B square in and put my red dot (true glo multi reticle) on, but it has the sight so high I can't rest my head on the stock and see through the sight.  I have to put the bottom of my chin on the stock to see through it. :-\