OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 SP 3 1/2

Started by blueridgegobbler, January 07, 2016, 07:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueridgegobbler

Going to start shooting 3.5 federal heavyweight 7s who makes the best choke for this load for 23 in barrel Remington 870. Gonna also try them in a browning silver 3.5 whats good for this gun it has a 28 inch barrel

Tomcat655

Indian creek 665 throws em with the best halo I've seen .. Solid even pattern outta the 870 .. Good luck

Devastator

Try a Trulock made for that load,if your not happy with it ya can return for full refund with'n 60 day's.

Gobble!

Quote from: Devastator on January 07, 2016, 08:58:27 PM
Try a Trulock made for that load,if your not happy with it ya can return for full refund with'n 60 day's.

Bingo. I have never heard of Indian Creek shooting that load well. Indian Creek chokes would cause the shell to do the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

Tomcat655

They do just fine ... I have a 643 ssx choke and shoots them the same but the ic takes mag blends and does awesome but that's what I use. I don't use heavy weights no more cause one I'm out and two they ain't making them no more anyway so I have heard.

Gobble!

Quote from: Tomcat655 on January 08, 2016, 07:16:58 AM
They do just fine ... I have a 643 ssx choke and shoots them the same but the ic takes mag blends and does awesome but that's what I use. I don't use heavy weights no more cause one I'm out and two they ain't making them no more anyway so I have heard.

They may do fine but I wouldn't shoot the federal heavyweights from a Indian Creek. Straight from ICs website "DO NOT USE FEDERAL FLIGHT CONTROL Heavy Loads. Manufacturer does not recommend use with Ported Choke Tubes such as the Black Diamond Strike." Trulock is a proven choke for that load and I have seen some impressive patterns posted here using that load. I do agree the ICs shoot the Hevi13 shells well. I have a Indian Creek in my 870. I have used the Hevi 13 and Nitro Company shells the last few years with great results but will be loading TSS this year. 

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

bawana

I've got basically the same gun, using the Trulock .650 I'm getting phenomenal patterns with the 3.5 fed HW #7. And man does it ever flatten them!

mullo16

I have that same gun and mine does best with Indian creek or hevI shot choke.  Both throw great patterns with mag blend