turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

location rooms

Started by capnrock, March 29, 2011, 09:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnrock

I personally find that it would be particularly awesome if this site could maybe have a discussion forum for each state that way maybe hunters could get together and maybe share ideas and information based on there location or what they find that works well for their area.  Just my 1.5 cents.  Who knows, maybe that guy hunting across the road is the same....on here, lol. 

capnrock

Guess I am the only one....thats cool though

bowhunter84

i agree!  i think it would be awesome to have state forums :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

TalksToTurkeys

:hello99: We don't need 50 more boards on here.  :toothy12:  If everyone would put their location in their profile everyone else could see where they are from.  :icon_thumright:

sugarray

I think it would be nice to see what is going on in WV without having to post up about gobbling in WV or weed through each section to see if someone from WV is posting.

I would be really nice if everyone would put at least their state in their profile so we can see it.

capnrock

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on March 29, 2011, 11:42:14 AM
:hello99: We don't need 50 more boards on here.  :toothy12:  If everyone would put their location in their profile everyone else could see where they are from.  :icon_thumright:

It's not a matter of putting your location in your profile as it is interesting to see who might be hunting down the road from you.  I see your point too, about the 50 more boards though.  Just saying you might meet a friend for life out of turkey hunting which many on here may have already, and he/she lives 20 miles away and you may never know.

archery1

Quote from: capnrock on March 30, 2011, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on March 29, 2011, 11:42:14 AM

It's not a matter of putting your location in your profile as it is interesting to see who might be hunting down the road from you.  I see your point too, about the 50 more boards though.  Just saying you might meet a friend for life out of turkey hunting which many on here may have already, and he/she lives 20 miles away and you may never know.
Take a kid hunting

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: sugarray on March 29, 2011, 12:23:09 PM
I think it would be nice to see what is going on in WV without having to post up about gobbling in WV or weed through each section to see if someone from WV is posting.

Good point.

capnrock,
Have you checked out the member map?

:hello99: archery1 

mossy835

I belong to another forum called hunting WA and it is okay but have not met anyone while being a member. Most do show the town they are from and the state (many are not from WA).It is for all hunting, deer bear etc. I really like this one better and I like to see the state at least as it lets me know where a person is at when they post. I think a state by state might be too cumbersome to run and in my case there might only be two or three WA state members. Good idea but a lot of work.

bird

Quote from: mossy835 on March 30, 2011, 11:42:55 AM
Good idea but a lot of work.

Look at OG as a big giant sorority house with a few separate rooms within that house where the sorority members (OG members, that's you) can interact closely with one another.  Now you are talking about adding onto the house with 50 new separate rooms where everyone can hangout in their own little area.  Next thing you know the guy in California hasn't talked to the guy in South Carolina in days maybe even months because he has been hanging out in his own separate room.  The interaction of the sorority members diminishes and the atmosphere of the sorority actually suffers because of the separate room additions.  I like the suggestion of everyone putting their home state in their profile.   :icon_thumright:

This also doesn't take into consideration the huge amount of extra work put upon the admin and mods of the site.

bird

LX_Trkyhntr

Why not just start a thread like "West Virginia turkey hunters thread" or something like that.  Then all the guys from that state could check in and know who each other was.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Basser69

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on March 30, 2011, 11:54:10 AM
Why not just start a thread like "West Virginia turkey hunters thread" or something like that.  Then all the guys from that state could check in and know who each other was.

X 2 The Tennessee boys already did it

selinoid44

Quote from: moore on March 30, 2011, 12:23:53 PM
Quote from: bird on March 30, 2011, 11:53:22 AM

Look at OG as a big giant sorority house with a few separate rooms within that house where the sorority members (OG members, that's you) can interact closely with one another.  Now you are talking about adding onto the house with 50 new separate rooms where everyone can hangout in their own little area.  Next thing you know the guy in California hasn't talked to the guy in South Carolina in days maybe even months because he has been hanging out in his own separate room.  The interaction of the sorority members diminishes and the atmosphere of the sorority actually suffers because of the separate room additions.  I like the suggestion of everyone putting their home state in their profile.   :icon_thumright:

This also doesn't take into consideration the huge amount of extra work put upon the admin and mods of the site.

bird

UH Bird I think your must be thinking of a faternity= men,not a sority.sorty are for the ladies.Ive been to alot of frat parties cause my good friend was party of one.Good times

Now thats funny. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

Muskie03

Quote from: moore on March 30, 2011, 12:23:53 PM
Quote from: bird on March 30, 2011, 11:53:22 AM

bird

UH Bird I think your must be thinking of a faternity= men,not a sority.sorty are for the ladies.Ive been to alot of frat parties cause my good friend was party of one.Good times

He was talking about the Full Strut Productions Sorority, the Turkey Whackers Sorority, the Shock Gobble & Awe Sorority, ect. ect.  :TooFunny: The only Frat here is the VooDoo Hunters.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Muskie03

States in profiles and pm's. See someone from your state and pm them.

As for threads falling away, just bump them back to the top of the board. Usually they only go a page or two back.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.