OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will the WV season ever get here

Started by WV Gobble Gobble, March 29, 2011, 08:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Gobble Gobble

Saw a group of about 12 birds on my way home from Martinsburg.  Three longbeards in the bunch......I can't take much more of this.   :begging: :begging:

sugarray

Only 4 more weeks my friend.  You are just going to have to save up and hunt in VA or somewhere else to pass the time.  That is what I am trying to do.

West Augusta

I just hope that the cold weather stays here until the season opens.  Maybe it'll keep the gobblers settled down until the season starts unlike years past when they are about done on opening day.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WVhuntEER

Quote from: sugarray on March 29, 2011, 10:02:07 AM
Only 4 more weeks my friend.  You are just going to have to save up and hunt in VA or somewhere else to pass the time.  That is what I am trying to do.
That's exactly what I'm doing!  I went scouting in VA last weekend.

sugarray

Quote from: West Augusta on March 29, 2011, 11:13:37 AM
I just hope that the cold weather stays here until the season opens.  Maybe it'll keep the gobblers settled down until the season starts unlike years past when they are about done on opening day.

I agree Steve.

MDbowman

I just hope that the cold weather stays here until the season opens.  Maybe it'll keep the gobblers settled down until the season starts unlike years past when they are about done on opening day.

Got lucky last year and one got "done" each of the first 2 days!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Very lucky season.

skinner26

I live in southeast Wv next to Va but never hunted there. How much is it to hunt Va and win is there season?

Skinner's Taxidermy
skinnerstaxidermy@yahoo.com
Wack'em & Stack'em

jshively

It cost a fortune to hunt in Virginia and there are no birds!! :goofball:

Plus you have to wait until the end of May. :anim_25:

Much better to try Tennessee or Kentucky. :z-guntootsmiley:

earlybird

I know up here in the mtns they are pretty tight lipped right now.Thats a good thing i don't want to hear one until opening morning.

Cove

Any of yall close to Fayetteville or Green Briar county?

SouthernWV

Not alot of activity here in southern WV. Buying my Kentucky license this week. Seeing alot of bird in eastern KY and hearing a few. KY youth season this Saturday and Sunday. Good luck to everyone! Sonny

hookedspur

:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

skinner26

I am about 15 min from Green Briar Co.

Skinner's Taxidermy
skinnerstaxidermy@yahoo.com
Wack'em & Stack'em

LilFridWV

Our season comes in late. My brother and I might hunt Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky. Any of you guys know how much the out of state licenses are? :help:

SouthernWV

Quote from: LilFridWV on March 29, 2011, 08:07:08 PM
Our season comes in late. My brother and I might hunt Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky. Any of you guys know how much the out of state licenses are? :help:

$190.00 for license and your tags.