Started by tha bugman, January 04, 2016, 08:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

For those that use them...which one is your favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Love my ibeam. That knight vest will be my next one

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tha bugman

Yeah I still have knights card from last year at the convention.....it keeps coming up in my mind that I want to try it.  Do you remember the price?

davisd9

The knight site has them for 140 tyd. When I was looking for a new vest and researching I think I found them to range 100-150. That hands free gun holder is really a good looking idea on the vest.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tail Feathers

Cabela's Tactical Tat'r II gets a lot of votes when this question is asked.  I bought one with the kickstand after last spring.   An actual hunt will tell the tale, but I've tested it and really like it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 05, 2016, 10:54:22 AM
Cabela's Tactical Tat'r II gets a lot of votes when this question is asked.  I bought one with the kickstand after last spring.   An actual hunt will tell the tale, but I've tested it and really like it.
I have the one without the kickstand and love it

Greg Massey

In my younger days i always used a vest, but in my old age i don't run and gun and more so i use a range bag for all my calls and stuff...it's a camo bag with lots of room and it carries water bottles on both ends...i have my blinds setup with small chairs etc...

Gobble!

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 05, 2016, 10:54:22 AM

Great vest. The III is my favorite. The I-Beam may have been the poorest made vest I have ever had.

PALongspur

I feel like I've tried about every option that comes along and I just can't be satisfied with any of them. I've used a Super Elite III for by far the longest, but they are just a little on the heavy side. I used one of the Essentials vests from Ol Tom last year. Very lightweight, but just a little too "Spartan" IMO. The quality leaves alot to be desired also. I've pretty much decided that unless Mossy Oak brings back the nylon version of the Super Elite, I'll be giving a Super Tat'R 3 a try this spring.

Tailwalk

Ol tom

Bowguy

Is it me or is the material all garbage now a days. I have a 10X I've used over maybe 12-13 years. I had a tenzing come in the mail this morning n that's better but for the money these companies are asking use decent material instead of cheap stuff thatll tear in one or two years.

I got the new cabelas instinct vest with the hydration bladder.  Its well made and laid out really well.  Im not sure about the kickstand yet but it's removable if I want to.  I haven't hunted yet but I think I'm going to really like it.

jblackburn

I've used a Limbhanger the last few seasons and I like it ok.  Last fall I found a tactical tatr kickstand at the local cabelas for a very good price, so I may switch it up some this year.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Jgarrett

No vest for me.  I just use a pack that sits on the front that holds 2 pot calls and 4-6 strikers.  Carry my locator calls around my neck, and I have a side zipper on my sleeve that holds a few mouth calls.  Then I carry my gun, and thats it.  If I decide to carry a box call, then I use a belt attachment.  I try and be as light as possible.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Bowguy

Well I took a better look at the tenzing vest that came this morning. It fits well n seems to be made well, material is decent. Better than most.
Not quite as roomy as my old 10X but I'm actually looking forward to toning what I carry down.
It the TV14, that's the one w no kickstand. I'm a roost hunt guy, than a runner n gunner. I don't sit forever so the kickstand would be useless.
Almost anyone I've read wrote about the kickstands have removed em.
The Tenzing TV14 is listed 180 bucks most places, sometimes more. Got mine on Amazon for 131, free shipping.
Scroll through the colors, obsession is the most expensive n see who's selling the cheapest. The TP14 which is the kickstand one was well marked down too. They seem better vests than many.