Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New A5 Turkey Choke Recommendations w/3" WinLB's and or HeviShot

Started by blee, January 02, 2016, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blee

I recently upgraded to the New A5 12 gauge, 3 1/2 inch and love it! I have read a lot of post that seem to put jebs choke to being my best option but none have been very specific about the choke constriction.  I'd prefer to shoot 3" WInLB's and in certain management areas where non toxic shot is needed Hevi13. Any help on the choke size that would give me the best of both worlds with these two shots would be appreciated!
Thanks,
brennen

allaboutshooting

Quote from: blee on January 02, 2016, 08:36:19 PM
I recently upgraded to the New A5 12 gauge, 3 1/2 inch and love it! I have read a lot of post that seem to put jebs choke to being my best option but none have been very specific about the choke constriction.  I'd prefer to shoot 3" WInLB's and in certain management areas where non toxic shot is needed Hevi13. Any help on the choke size that would give me the best of both worlds with these two shots would be appreciated!
Thanks,
brennen

Hey Brennen,

First of all, welcome to OG. It's good to see your first post here.

You have a fine gun in that new A5 and you are correct about the JEB's working well with both shells. The .650 should serve you well with them.

I also recommend that you "deep clean" that new gun to maximize its potential. That simple cleaning will pay dividends all out of proportion to the time it takes to perform it. Here's a link to the article that has that procedure http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=282

I hope you enjoy your new gun and let us know if we can be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."