OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dirty Tricks

Started by TrophyTracker, March 29, 2011, 12:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoody Bastid

I never saw a turkey hunter in the public lands I hunt (behind my place), but if anyone asks me if I saw anything, I just keep my mouth shut.

swampy

Yeap thats a hard lesson learned talkin to much that is. Me personally I dont guess I understand the walkin backwards deal your still going or coming from the same place. I lie about what i've done and always cover your track if you have to leave one. Dust out those bird tracks.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

catdaddy

Quote from: swampy on March 29, 2011, 05:02:35 PM
Yeap thats a hard lesson learned talkin to much that is. Me personally I dont guess I understand the walkin backwards deal your still going or coming from the same place. I lie about what i've done and always cover your track if you have to leave one. Dust out those bird tracks.

Thats what I like--guys that can't figure out if I am coming or going

REBELYELL

When I was in high school, if me and my buddy roosted a bird on forest land, we would leave one of our trucks at the gate. Then we would come in from the backside off our lease the next morning. Only problem was that alot of times it didn't stop them yahoo's from coming in on top of you anyway. The HNF in southwest MS takes a beating the first 2 or 3 weeks of season. I have been working a bird and just got up and left because of renegades coming in from every direction. I have throwed a few feathers out at the gates too. If I see a pop can stuck on a limb to mark a spot, I will move it down the road a few miles.

:TrainWreck1:

TURKEYWHACKER

I may have accidentally dropped a few feathers here and there on occasion in strategic locations.  :goofball:

Preacher

I have ended some hunts rather abuptbly when folks know I am working a bird and keep on trying to cut me off by circling to get in front of me.   where do think that owl hoot got its start.
Romans 8:37

younggun

Never messed with anyones stuff. I never show up to public land before 10 am. Thats about the time the early bird hunters are coming out and griping about not hearing and seeing anything. They tell me I am waisting my time and I just smile and tell them I am going to try it anyway. Little do they know more often than not by 2 pm I am walking out with a bird.  :)

ghillie

Worst thing I have done is.....after competing with other hunters on public ground...I ended up killing a bird that we were both trying to seduce...we were parked in the same lot and I stuck a fan feather under his windshiled wiper blade when I left...I chucked all the way home

Basser69

Quote from: ghillie on March 30, 2011, 11:20:55 AM
Worst thing I have done is.....after competing with other hunters on public ground...I ended up killing a bird that we were both trying to seduce...we were parked in the same lot and I stuck a fan feather under his windshiled wiper blade when I left...I chucked all the way home

I have done this on more than one occasion  :angel9:

Sorgy

I look at every bare piece of ground or gopher mounds and erase every track I see. I pick up feathers and remove any turkey sign I see on public grond when hunting  :fud:
I also never say I heard anything  :whip2: I have been hunting the same piece of land for many years and do ok. Not great but there seem to always be a few birds around.

RutnNStrutn

Years ago on a bow hunt on a WMA, I had a guy come walking in with a climbing deer stand making all kinds of a racket. I whistled to get his attention, and waved to show him I was already hunting there. He looked at me, kept on walking and started setting up his stand 40 yards from me. >:(  Once again I whistled and waved, and he just looked at me, and kept putting his stand up. Periodically during the hunt, he'd look over at me. >:(
So I got down and left. That afternoon on the way back in, I saw that he wasn't in his stand. A couple of steps later, I saw a pygmy rattler in the trail. I pulled out an arrow and pinned its head down. Then I pulled a knife and cut his head off. I took the rattler, with it's severed head on the arrow, and walked over to his stand. I put the rattler's body in a nice little coil, and slid the head into the middle. ;D  About a 1/2 hour later, he comes jerko. ::) He looks at me on the way by and keeps walking to his stand. He gets to his climber, puts his bow down and starts to get in it. That's when he spotted the rattler. :toothy12:  He let out a shriek like a little girl and jumped back out of the stand. :TooFunny: It took everything I had in me to keep from busting out laughing.  ;D  Instead, I whistled at him again, and when he looked, I raised my arms as if to say, "WTF???"
Anyway, he pulled an arrow and poked at the snake, finally realizing it was dead. He brushed it aside and climbed in his stand and went up the tree. I got down first and walked off. He met me at the check station, mad as can be, demanding to know if I had done it.
Done what?
Did you put that dead snake in my stand?
What snake? :goofball:
He then walked off in a huff. I never saw him in the woods again, and soon after his stand was gone. :TooFunny:

dirtywhite

haha some good stuff ive never really harrassed anyones hunt they have as much right to be there as me but we all have those moments. i have one that stands out. one time going duck hunting i pulled up to a parking area and in the dark slipped off in a hole and got stuck in my little truck one guy got out of his big jacked up brand new duramax and started laughing and told me if your still there when we get done hunting ill pull you out and drove off on his atv. so i unloaded my fourwheeler pulled my own truck out and had some ducks i had cleaned the day before left in my truck bed so i checked the friendly mans doors lucky me unlocked he went home with some nice ducks under his back seat  :TooFunny:
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

tra_cline

I went into a block of Public land near the house a few years back when I was leaving my truck another "car" pulled into the pull off area, one guy got out and said they had found this spot a few days ago I said ok there plenty of room for us both. he said so your not leaving I said no, and went on hunting . I did kill a bird, and yea it may have been the one they were hunting but thats why its first come first to hunt. When I got back to my truck I could see oil under my truck they had unscrewed my oil filter and took it. I still look for that car anytime I'm in that area of the county. SOME DAY WE WILL CROSS AGAIN

OLE RASPY

I guess all of this is why i have never hunted public land.As far as moving another hunters marker or something that is minor and laughable.But i dont mess with other peoples eguipment and i dont wont mine messed with either.Never had it happenend but i dont think iwould do to good in those situation.For instance if u  take the oil filter out of my vehicle,  i will do my best to find ya and burn your house down.Hows that. Just had to rant.Hate stuff like that. I read your post tra cline and i dont know u but it pisses me off that somebody would do that i hope u do find them.

mnturkey

A few years ago I was walking through some public land in MN, where you cannot drive past the gate.
I was about a mile or mile and a half from the gate and there was a car covered in camo sitting against a wind break.
I called the DNR and they said they were too busy to bother with that.
I figured that the guy needed to be taught a lesson, so that he would walk just like the rest of us.
I got into my pack I carry with me and got a tool of some sort and let the air out of his tire from the valve, I did no dammage to the tire just let the air out, then I said to myself he proably has a spare so I let the air out of another tire.
I continued to hunt.
The next day there was a note on my truck and another car in the parking area, the note said "I know one of you let the air out of my tire and I am glad you did not ruin the tire"
The car was never parked there again so I think the guy learned his lesson.

SEMPER FI