OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call lanyard?

Started by Gen273, January 02, 2016, 11:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen273

Anybody use a lanyard for your locater calls? I'm trying to get some ideas. Has anyone made there on or did you buy it? I would like to try and make one from paracord. I've seen some DIY duck call lanyards. I'm assuming it would work the same.

West Augusta

Many folks here make paracord and leather lanyards for locator calls and trumpets. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

idratherb

PM me your email address I have extras of Del Crow (savduck) lanyards Id sell one or two.

M,Yingling

Get your self some paracord  tie your self a hang mans  noose good to go ,,,can even tie multiple drops onto it
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Lonehowl

I carry most everything on a lanyard, and have several loaded with calls so I dont have to change them out all the time.
You can use permanent drops. or removable drops (like on my howler pic below) so you can move calls around or remove them if things get to bulky or you have calls banging around on each other to much.

Lots of lanyards on Ebay as well.
Mark
Edit: yes, same as duck call lanyard, but you can build them many different ways. Some guys like a round braid, and some guys like flat. You might go thru a few  designs untill you find something that has the drops just where you want them, number and length of the drops, etc.

004 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

005 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

006 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

008 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

006 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

Gen273

Thanks for the replies, I like how yours look lone goal, I will have to give that a shot for sure. I think I'll just need a crow and owl call on it for now.

M Sharpe

I would go with something a lot smaller than paracord, unless it is the 95. I know that 550 has a breaking point of about ?????, but who wants that thing hung on something that it's going to break their neck before that cord breaks.....doesn't matter what the cost. My neck is worth more than any $1000 call, or a $25 call!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Lonehowl

Gen273

Quote from: M Sharpe on January 02, 2016, 05:42:44 PM
I would go with something a lot smaller than paracord, unless it is the 95. I know that 550 has a breaking point of about ?????, but who wants that thing hung on something that it's going to break their neck before that cord breaks.....doesn't matter what the cost. My neck is worth more than any $1000 call, or a $25 call!!
That is a good point!

M,Yingling

if hanging your self worries you,,, get a pack of these clip they slip apart pretty easy I mainly use on grunt tubes ,,,, for 20 bucks u can get 100 ft cord and 10 pack clips and come up with something that suites u

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

lumberjack

You can find lots of instructional videos on YouTube, and mix an match to make the lanyard you want. 

M Sharpe

Quote from: M,Yingling on January 02, 2016, 09:39:58 PM
if hanging your self worries you,,, get a pack of these clip they slip apart pretty easy I mainly use on grunt tubes ,,,, for 20 bucks u can get 100 ft cord and 10 pack clips and come up with something that suites u

Just never saw the need for anything with a breaking point of several hundred pounds to hold a 6oz call.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

MK M GOBL

I have made a lot of lanyards over the years and it can be pretty easy, lots of companies out there selling Paracord now. Pick out some colors you like and you can find some youtube videos on different styles and how to tie, and if your are worried about "hanging" yourself there is a magnetic deal I use that would work they use for fly fishing nets.

MK M GOBL

antnye

I like the feel of a thicker lanyard. The thin stuff is ok but I find the thicker to be more comfortable. And I really like the leather stuff. If tensil strength is an issue wouldn't a nice high dollar leather lanyard be strong enough to snap a neck?  Just don't be blowing that call or running that yelper with it wrapped around a limb. :D

ncturkey

I make my own light weight lanyard from thin braided black cord I get from Hobby Lobby. It works great.