Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what is your go-to turkey cleaning knife?

Started by vpsalin, December 30, 2015, 12:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

30_06

Clif Owen

In the past, I've always used a fillet knife. I bought a Wiebe this fall to use for trapline. I will try it this next spring. Should work well. It looks alot like the Havalon and might even use the same blades.

eddie234

I've got a very good set of knives I use for deer processing, I just use the fillet knife from that set.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paboxcall

Case leather hunter, 6.5" clip blade.  I carry it for everything I hunt, perfect size.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

nitro

I love custom knives. Just more than pride of ownership - better materials and edge holding capability.

We call these" Turkey hunter light sabers" .. Scott Davidson of Alto, GA makes them.. Wonderful knives.
Scott's knives will last the rest of your life. They are a great value ..
Royal Slam 2008

Izzyjoe

I use a case mini trapper for the small stuff, and the Buck 110 for the big stuff. Back at home I use the rapala fillet knife for the fine work. I love all three, and two of them I carry everyday!

catdaddy

Any sharp knife will do--I try not to overthink it.

spur collector

I've been using a Case trapper for over 30 years, suits me just fine.

hs strut

i got a new knife for christmas that i think will work well and it is sharp. its a mossy oak tonto blade. my go to is an old winchester gut hook knife
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

tha bugman

. Berkley filet knife from Wal Mart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Small 6 inch filet knife...works great...get you a work sharp knife sharper and never look back...

THattaway

I most often use a Hendrix bird and trout knife but have cleaned a plenty with a small folding Gerber pocket knife. Doesn't take much blade to clean/cut up or fillet out a turkey in my experience.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

GED6531