Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what is your go-to turkey cleaning knife?

Started by vpsalin, December 30, 2015, 12:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vpsalin

what is your go-to turkey cleaning knife?

I like to debone my turkey in the field and I'm looking for a special purpose knife. I've been researching this subject for a few days and have across the Buck Paklite 'boning' knife. My little amount of experience tells me it might be a good knife for the job, but maybe some old timers have some better ideas!?

1966 870_WM / 20'' Deer RS / IC .665 / SHURSHOT / 1.75-5x32 Legend HD / LB_XR_3''_#5

Excalibur Micro335 RT / Nikon Bolt XR / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Excalibur Grizzly305 MO / Deadzone / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

dirt road ninja

outdoors

I USUALLY CARRY MY TOOTHPICK THAT I KEEP RAZER SHARP .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

HFultzjr

A good 8 inch Fillet Knife has served me well for the few turkeys I've bagged.
Keep it sharp.

Gobspur

Puma Skinner #116393.  turkey, deer, blue whale.  it'll skin'em all.

trkehunr93

I use a Rapala filet knife, keep a good edge on it and it's great for removing the breast meat. 

jepcho

born2hunt

Quote from: dirt road ninja on December 30, 2015, 10:21:26 AM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rapala-Fish-n-Fillet-Knife/21080961

Very sharp and not expensive. Does well on caping deer too.

This one is hard to beat for price and simplicity,  I have one that I couldn't count the deer hogs and turkeys I've deboned with it. And a few fish too ;) unless you are looking for the cool factor then look no further.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Bowguy

Whatever pocket knife is on me. Doesn't take much to do a turk. The knives you have posted are a little big for me. I like an old buck trapper style and that's often all I use

Happy

Case folding hunter. It can do it all from deer to turkeys. Usually carry a fixed blade for deer though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mgm1955

WisTurk

Usually any pocket knife I have on me will do, but I really like my Havalon Piranta when I remember to pack it.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

owlhoot

Whatever pocket knife i have at the time and fillet knife .