OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need to find a good diaphragm

Started by gatrapper, March 28, 2011, 10:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Still have yet to find a diaphragm call I like.  I have purchased several different brands again this year and I am either having problems with the calls just not sounding good or latex tearing.

Any suggestions on other ones to try out?  Looking for one that is a little raspy that is simple to cut on and has good yelps. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

TauntoHawk

If you haven't tried hooks you really need to give them a try

now I put the calls I used to love in and they just feel wrong
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gatrapper

I have.  Need to find something else. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

njdevilsb

I know a lot of people don't like the mass produced ones, but I have always liked the Split V III by HS Strut.  I have loved the V III for years but can't find it in stores anymore.  I gave the V II a try this year and it's pretty decent as well.  Just enough rasp on the yelps but not over the top, and pretty easy for clucking etc.  I'm not a fan of the super raspy calls, which may be why I like these two.

shootumindaface

What in the past has sounded "right" to you with you running it

savduck

I posted a demo of David Hallorans mouth calls on the call page. Everybody will blow a call different, but I think those are two of the easiest blowing calls I have ever tried, and I have tried a bunch. My video can show you what they are capable of.

Give Martins Brothers, cane creek, or Paul Butski stuff a try too.

? have you narrowed down the style of cut you blow best.  Have you tried bending the frame a little or trimming the tape.
Georgia Boy

hobbes

What all have you tried?  I can usually find one or two I like even from the mass produced calls.  As far as "little raspy that is simple to cut on and has good yelps", that isn't that difficult to find, although a lot of the newer calls are all rasp.

I don't know your experience with a mouth call, and this may not be what you want to hear, but if you've tried very many calls and aren't getting good sounds from some of them and all the latex is tearing (something I've never seen a problem with unless left in the sun), you may need to evaluate where the problem lies.

struttin_1

Try Perfection's Batman or Trifecta. Both are great calls!

keyser12ga

Try Dan Kendall Calls  Ol' Faithful it has the right amount of rasp and is easy to cutt on.  You can also watch video's of his calls and see which one has the sound you are looking for.

http://dankendallcalls.com/shop/

roosthigh

Maybe this will work better for you! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

bowhunter84

Quote from: keyser12ga on March 29, 2011, 08:57:41 AM
Try Dan Kendall Calls  Ol' Faithful it has the right amount of rasp and is easy to cutt on.  You can also watch video's of his calls and see which one has the sound you are looking for.

http://dankendallcalls.com/shop/

also check out the whistler. i have it and i like it.

shootumindaface

Quote from: roosthigh on March 29, 2011, 04:15:47 PM

:TooFunny:

Sent from my 10 year old Dell using my 2 pointer fingers.

shad309

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 29, 2011, 04:30:26 PM
Quote from: roosthigh on March 29, 2011, 04:15:47 PM

:TooFunny:

Sent from my 10 year old Dell using my 2 pointer fingers.

Looks like something that should have XXX on the packaging  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

swampy

Ive about tried all the various custom call company's ''top sellers''. I look for a call that takes little air pressure to operate, kee kees and that can be all rasp, clear as a bell and everything in between. My preference as of the last three years has been the call girl by tom teasers and cane creek's cc smoker. Especially the smoker play the left 1/3 of the call get rasp,play the middle get clear front ands a raspy end, and play the right side sounds just like a jenny.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

Old Gobbler

Keep your calls in the fridge , and don't tug the reeds apart to separate them
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon