OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Customgunsock does it again

Started by rev, March 28, 2011, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rev

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j475/revktm/?albumview=slideshow
Being a newbie around here, I came across one of the post for Customgunsocks, After going to their website I contacted Tom to see if he could custom make a gun sock for a flintlock rifle that took me a 1 1/2 year to build from start to finish, After spending so much time on it, I did not want just a plain sock,So I kind of left it up to Tom to use his mind to do what he wanted, Let me just say this, The pictures doesn`t do it justices, The workmanship, the materials, the burning of the mountian man in the leather with eagle heads is unbelieveable.
I was speachless when it came in the mail.
I know this is all about turkeys, but I just want to sing praised to Tom on the work that he does,
If he can to this for me, he can make anything for you.
Since this is about turkeys, the striker pouches he make is top notch also
TOM THANKS AGAIN

selinoid44

Thats pretty cool. That p shooter got my attention right away also. Thats some fine lookin wood on that smoke pole!

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

rev

Thanks, The gun sock is perfect,
14 inlays not counting the patch box, The old man that held my hand for over a year durning this project showed me how to do it the old school way. no power tools, all by files and sandpaper, steel wool.
curly maple with german silver, everything was rough cased, so like the trigger guard took about 15 hours to get it ready to polish,  it has a curved butt plate which was a pain to cut in. I ended up with a nice one.
But with the sock it`s over the top

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions