turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 22" 20ga choke and shell ?

Started by Crappiepro, December 21, 2015, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

Whats a good choke and shell for my new Mossberg 500 Tactical Turkey Thug?
Im new to 20's so far I have a Factory X-Factor .585 and a Primos Tight-Wad .555
My barrel's 22" long.
Anybody done anything with the short 20ga guns?

davisd9

Have heard the Trulock .575 is really good choke in them. It is one of the first I will try if the full choke that came with it does not shoot like I want.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

surehuntsalot

the primos .570 tightwad is a good choke without breaking the bank, also a Carlson .575 is an excellent choke in my short barreled 870
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chatterbox

Harrison has an 18" barreled Mossy 510. He shoots a flush mount full choke with the 3" Federal Heviweight #7's. At 30 yards, we get 193 in the 10" circle.
I know I can get better numbers, but he's still a young shooter, and I sacrifice a little distance for a more even pattern.
It's worked well so far. He's been 3-3 last 3 seasons, and the gun with that combo and a FFII has been responsible for 4 dead turkeys in the first past 3 seasons.

rutnstrut

dawei

Quote from: Crappiepro on December 21, 2015, 11:14:50 AM
Whats a good choke and shell for my new Mossberg 500 Tactical Turkey Thug?
Im new to 20's so far I have a Factory X-Factor .585 and a Primos Tight-Wad .555
My barrel's 22" long.
Anybody done anything with the short 20ga guns?
How does the gun pattern with the chokes you presently have? What loads have you tried?

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given