OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who ever used the fighting purrs?

Started by deerpoo22, March 28, 2011, 08:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

I know several Osceola longbeards that are gobblin' in the big swamp in the sky because of my pot call . :icon_thumright:

muddydawg

Worked for me this weekend to pull one away and into the kill zone. Was using a mouth call and throwing some cuts in with it.  Never tried the K&H though.

LilFridWV

I use a diaphram call to perform the fighting purrs. Ill take my real turkey wing and slap the ground as I perform the fighting purrs. If nothing is happening I will mimic a turkey fight to draw a turkey in. I've had gobblers react to it. :gobble:

Muskie03

Turkeys aren't fighters there lovers. They would rather make peace than war. Fighting purr, silly hunters. :TooFunny:

I use a diaphragm and a pot to make dueling birds.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

stinkpickle

turkeybow

I have used it a few times and I got it to work on one hunt.  A buddy hunted a different spot than I did and we later met up.  He told me he heard one and since I didn't hear a thing I said lets go after him.  He wanted to wait until tomorrow but I didn't.  We got to where he was and he wouldn't answer a thing.  I hit a crow call and he hammered back.  I knew it was real hilly where he was so I tried to get him to answer again from a different location to kind of pin point where he was.  It didn't work but when I went back to where he 1st answered he hammered back.  We then looped around and got up on a hill side.  I called a few times with no response.  I told him we would sit there for 10min and see what happens but we will get up in 15min so that way if we spook something we would have already been gone for 5 min.  Well I got tired of sitting there and not hearing a thing or getting an answer.  I told him I was going to try some fighting purrs to see what happens.  After I called on the slate nothing.  I ran the mouth call and got cut off!  I waited a bit and called again to get another answer.  I told my buddy to get ready that he was coming.  I barely even got to see his head when he let his gun bark!!  Gobbler down
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold