turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for Remington 870 20 gauge Rail

Started by Spring Fever, November 29, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Fever

I am looking for a Remington 870 20 gauge rail. I am going to be mounting a FF3 picatinny mount to it.
Anyone have any good suggestions on a rail and where to find it? I don't want to go with a saddle, I will be drilling and tapping the receiver. I have been looking and can't find one for a 20 gauge or if it is the same as a 12 gauge?
Thanks for your help.

longislandloco

Just two ideas, have you tried Remington's own "ShopRemington.com" parts site, second idea is lots of 870 parts on e-bay all the time.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

Spring Fever

Update: I did check Remington and since they never manufactured a 20gauge drilled and tapped from the factory they couldn't give me any info. After taking measurments I am pretty sure the 12 gauge rail will be what I am looking for. I have ordered one and will keep you posted if that is what works.
LongIsland thanks for the reply I ordered the 12 gauge rail off eBay.

longislandloco

"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

FullChoke

When I was going to mount a Picatinney rail on my 870, I also could find no reference to a 20 gauge application, only 12 gauges. I sent Remington an email asking if the 20 gauge receiver had the same  top radius as the 12 gauge. They wrote back and said that the radius was the same for both gauges, just that the 20 was more narrow. With that information, I ordered a Picatinney rail that was designed to fit the 12 gauge 870 and found that it fit perfectly. I carefully lined the rail up on the receiver, marked and centerpunched the hole locations, drilled and tapped it and mounted the rail to the receiver with loctite on the threads.

Hope this helps.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Spring Fever

Thank you Full Choke
It's more comforting to hear that.
I hope that's the same thing I find. According to measurements on my 12 gauge wing master it will fit perfect.
Should know here in a week or so.