turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone FLYFISH!

Started by sulpher turk, November 05, 2015, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sulpher turk

In the off season we fish on the south holston.

THattaway

Yes and there a couple times a year at least. Awesome place and blue ribbon fishery. BWOs should be the ticket right now.
Lots of these usually:

And once in a while I get to touch one of these when the knots hold.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

okiegobblers

I sure do! Warm water fly fishing mainly for perch, crappie and bass. We have a nice year round trout fishery in SE Oklahoma at the lower mountain fork river.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ChiefBubba

Do a lot of salt water fly fishing here in south Florida plus some fresh water bass and pan fish. Would love to try some trout fishing sometime. Chief

Spring Creek Calls

Bluegills in the spring and trout in the fall.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

sulpher turk

eddie234

I bought a fly rod and all the accessories last year. I'm wanting to learn.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Bowguy

Quote from: ChiefBubba on November 07, 2015, 07:12:26 PM
Do a lot of salt water fly fishing here in south Florida plus some fresh water bass and pan fish. Would love to try some trout fishing sometime. Chief
Man south Florida? All I can think of is bonefish! My favorite fish on fly. Tarpon n permit too. Got a really good idea next time I head down to catch permit on fly.

bbcoach

Cut my teeth on the South fork of the Holston River.  Moved away when I was 17 and I miss the Browns and Rainbows that we took from this fishery.  I loved the tranquilty of fishing this river.

WildTigerTrout

Sure do, flyfishing and turkey hunting are my favorite hobbies. I flyfish exclusively for trout and fish year round thanks to the wonderful limestone streams we have in central Pennsylvania. I try to stay away from stockies and concentrate on our wild fish. Flyfishing is very addicting just like turkey hunting! In the spring I turkey hunt in the morning and then flyfish the afternoon!!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

sulpher turk

eddie234 you have to try it!!!!!What state do you live.

longislandloco

Yep, New York, Beaverkill.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

contagious

Love to in the afternoons after work here in Bama. couple of lakes and my prouge , great way to unwind.!!

renegade19

My best friend lives on the Holston, guides a little.  It's one of my favorite places in the world.  Just beautiful. 

eddie234