turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Turkey Call

Started by BillBlanks, September 29, 2015, 11:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumpetyelper

LF Frank Cox Trumpet.  Silver Ferrule Ironwood with Mastadon Ivory Mouthpiece. 

Spitten and drummen

Billy Buice osage trumpet wit a number 3 mouth piece and a richard Hudson snakewood over black limba hen box.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

sulpher turk

A scratcher made by ss custom calls :funnyturkey: :OGani:

VA_Birdhunter

My favorite is actually a combination I use a lot.  A Rut N Strut mouth call (bat wing cut) and an SS Custom Calls slate....Good Lord that's a deadly combo!!!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Cut N Run

I have a Quaker Boy Boat Paddle that has more than a few notches in it.  I just like the way it sounds, evidently the turkeys do too.  I'm pretty fond of Tom Teasers Teaser Pleaser for closer in work.  I have a Willow Ridge bronze glass over canary pot that also works well.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

turkeywhisperer935

If it is a mouthcall I'd say a woodhaven toxic orange. Slate call would be primos's alumislate. Either one of them and I'm good, wonder sometimes why I even own a vest with all them pockets.

Gobble!

Screamin Demon or believe it or not Will Primos mouth call.

OldSchool

Over the years, day in and day out, I've killed more birds using a Quaker Boy Pro triple than any other call, so I'll say that's my favorite. I do like a good slate and a wingbone too.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

callmakerman

One of my slates and a scratch box.

silvestris

Quote from: silvestris on October 14, 2015, 05:45:52 PM
Morgan Caller.

Copenhagen sent me some hardwood drink coasters and after a week of looking at them, I said, "Ummmm.  I grabbed one up and put some blue carpenter's chalk on it and went to work on it with a cheap Woodhaven Purple Heart striker.  I have used it almost exclusively the last two years with amazing results.  Not loud, but brought the last one from over 200 yards away.  They can hear real good.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

MK M GOBL

If it truly came down to one call and one call only, I'd have my CODY World Class Slate Call in my hand.

MK M GOBL

Honolua

Tony Reynolds Lil' Jenny. He has turned it around.

davisd9

Quote from: Honolua on January 10, 2016, 09:49:28 PM
Tony Reynolds Lil' Jenny. He has turned it around.

I have been happy to see this. He said he has some new calls coming out. They should be killers.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

catman529

If I had to pick one it would be one of these, I love them, they don't make the most sounds but they make some of the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird22

Just one?

Hooks Jr Executioner II