OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Paintbrush is dead!

Started by Singlebarrel, March 28, 2011, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singlebarrel

You may remember the trail cam pics I posted of "Paintbrush" a few weeks ago.  This bird had one of the thickest beards I've ever seen>

Well, I'm proud to report that Ol' Paintbrush signed up for a ride in the Dodge Sunday morning, courtesy of my oldest daughter Elizabeth! 

After enduring a FULL day of hunting in the rain on Saturday, I was really surprised (happy) at how excited both Elizabeth & Molly were to go back for a quick hunt Sunday morning before Church.  We went extra early because I knew that the birds would be roosted really close to the blind that I had set on Friday.  Temperature was about 35 with a 10mph North wind, but once again the girls were real troopers!  We made it to the blind in the pitch dark & I was shocked to hear a gobble nearly 30 minutes before daylight considering how bad the weather was!  By the time they flew down, we had 6 or 8 different toms gobbling, strutting, & drumming within 100 yards of us.  We passed on a couple of iffy shots thinking that they would come closer, but were starting to get worried when it looked like the hens were going to take them away from us.  Finally, this guy started strutting our way when 3 jakes decided to gang up on him.  They ran him right up to the blind & Elizabeth nailed him at about 10 yards!   

It was a GREAT morning - one that none of us will ever forget!

Fireengine70

sugarray

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Give her a hug from a WV turkey hunter.  Hoping to get my son, 6, his first this year.  He is coming along shooting and now ole dad has to live up to his end of the bargain.

PANYHunter

Congrats to you and your daughter.  I love those thick beards.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

JVA54

Eric

Very nice bird. Congrats to you both.
Osceola Country

FireDoc

Very cool! Congrats to you both.

I love to see a bird on camera, and then in the hands of a Happy Hunter!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

njdevilsb

Congrats to you guys.  He's a good one for sure.

Basser69

bowhunter84

Struttin Spurs

Spending quality time with the family. Now that's what it's all about right there. Congrats on a nice bird and an even nicer memory.  :icon_thumright:

Rio Fan

Congratulations to you and your daughter, that's a serious paintbrush!   :icon_thumright:

4nwtf

bird

Outstanding and Congrats to you and your daughter.

Two Thumbs Up!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

bird

870FaceLift

I just love hearing about successful young-uns out in the turkey woods.  Congrats on an awesome experience! :happy0064:
Pass it on...