OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is it worth it?

Started by shootumindaface, March 28, 2011, 01:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Quote from: Reloader on March 28, 2011, 03:35:49 PM
Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on March 28, 2011, 03:21:21 PM
I can't go with the dirty socks bro!  :TooFunny: I have to have a clean pair of socks and underwear EVERY day!!!

I hear ya, I don't like crusty socks and drawers at all.  I can get about 2-3 days out of camo, but the undershirt, drawers, and socks gota be changed.

Shootem hunts in yankee land, so maybe there's not much sweating going on? I'd still have to change the drawers, a days worth of turkey hunting snacks can cause some strange odors in that area :D
As for drawers Ill be gone two weeks, I packed an extra pair that outta hold :you_rock:

Reloader

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 28, 2011, 03:37:56 PM
Quote from: Reloader on March 28, 2011, 03:35:49 PM
Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on March 28, 2011, 03:21:21 PM
I can't go with the dirty socks bro!  :TooFunny: I have to have a clean pair of socks and underwear EVERY day!!!

I hear ya, I don't like crusty socks and drawers at all.  I can get about 2-3 days out of camo, but the undershirt, drawers, and socks gota be changed.

Shootem hunts in yankee land, so maybe there's not much sweating going on? I'd still have to change the drawers, a days worth of turkey hunting snacks can cause some strange odors in that area :D
As for drawers Ill be gone two weeks, I packed an extra pair that outta hold :you_rock:

Heck, you could just turn the one pair inside out after week one.

makova

i wash everything every time i hunt!!!!! We have to many deer here, nothing will ruin your day faster then a couple of does snortting at you at first light on opening day.

Flydown

No wash! I change my underwear 2 times in turkey season, Once at the beginning and once at the end. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hognutz

You guys wear underware?? I'll be darned..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Shotgun

This thread is just wrong.  I can't stand dirty clothes and blood brings up suspicion.

TrophyTracker

I am superstitious about washing my clothes. If I have good luck with a certain set, they don't get washed. I'd hate to wash the luck out of them! :groupwave:

I do have a preseason tradition however, of going to the hometown laundromat and washing everything before the season. I go late at night when it is like a ghost town, and give them all a fresh start while watching Good Times and eating a Subway sandwich  :D
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

chatterbox

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 28, 2011, 02:25:55 PM
Quote from: keyser12ga on March 28, 2011, 02:17:44 PM
Dang, 45 days in the same pair of socks?   Umm....that's nasty, ha.

My favorite socks are Covert Thread Sands socks and I'm confident they could get the job done and keep down the odor for maybe a week before I ruined my boots, ha.
It was pretty close.. Sometimes in the afternoon I would set up against a tree and blind call.. I would take off my boots and they would attract flies :-\
It coulda been worse Tom. You could've looked up and seen vultures circling!

chatterbox

Quote from: Shotgun on March 28, 2011, 10:55:09 PM
This thread is just wrong.  I can't stand dirty clothes and blood brings up suspicion.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: