turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is it worth it?

Started by shootumindaface, March 28, 2011, 01:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

I am sitting here looking at a giant heap of turkey hunting clothes for the trip and debating whether I am even gonna wash them LOL

I have a pair of Cargo Khakis that are completely bloodstained and they arent getting washed.. But the rest of it Hmmm

LX_Trkyhntr

For me it would depend on how they smell!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

No smell = clean
Bad smell = dirty.  Wash immediately!! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

jakesdad

hang em outside and let em air out......................good to go! ;D

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

sugarray

Where are you going?  I say wash it ALL.  Nothing like fresh clothes at 4 AM.  Or febreeze and then let hang outside.

njdevilsb

Better wash it in unscented soap and spray down.  You don't want those birds to smell you.

On a serious note, I would wash them.  Right after our season closes is when our stuff gets washed, so I don't have to worry about problems like yours once the season rolls around. 

shootumindaface

I chose no wash.. If I made it through 45 days of our season last year wearing one pair of Cabelas moisture wicking socks I can make it two weeks with clothes that i am unsure if I washed when I put up last year.

FireDoc

You might want to ask your travel partner for some input on this, and then go with her decision!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

doepee

PANYHunter

That's one way to conserve water.  

archery1

THEY SAY IF A TURKEY COULD SMELL WE MIGHT NEVER KILL ONE??????
WASH THEM YOU NEVER NO WHAT GOT INTO THEM AND NOTHING LIKE FRESH CLOTHES TO START OUT THE MORNING!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

shootumindaface

Quote from: FireDoc on March 28, 2011, 02:04:22 PM
You might want to ask your travel partner for some input on this, and then go with her decision!  :icon_thumright:
LOL

Its real scary I normally pack the day before, I am extremely ambitious I guess this year..

Scary thing is, I am finding every thing.. Even things I had no clue where there were, are magically appearing.  :help:

keyser12ga

Dang, 45 days in the same pair of socks?   Umm....that's nasty, ha.

My favorite socks are Covert Thread Sands socks and I'm confident they could get the job done and keep down the odor for maybe a week before I ruined my boots, ha.

shootumindaface

Quote from: keyser12ga on March 28, 2011, 02:17:44 PM
Dang, 45 days in the same pair of socks?   Umm....that's nasty, ha.

My favorite socks are Covert Thread Sands socks and I'm confident they could get the job done and keep down the odor for maybe a week before I ruined my boots, ha.
It was pretty close.. Sometimes in the afternoon I would set up against a tree and blind call.. I would take off my boots and they would attract flies :-\

LX_Trkyhntr

I can't go with the dirty socks bro!  :TooFunny: I have to have a clean pair of socks and underwear EVERY day!!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Reloader

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on March 28, 2011, 03:21:21 PM
I can't go with the dirty socks bro!  :TooFunny: I have to have a clean pair of socks and underwear EVERY day!!!

I hear ya, I don't like crusty socks and drawers at all.  I can get about 2-3 days out of camo, but the undershirt, drawers, and socks gota be changed.

Shootem hunts in yankee land, so maybe there's not much sweating going on? I'd still have to change the drawers, a days worth of turkey hunting snacks can cause some strange odors in that area :D