OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB - Primos Battey slate

Started by PALongspur, September 17, 2015, 08:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

I've been looking for one of these for a while now and I'm not having any luck. If you have one that you'd be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks!

rotalley

I may be wrong but I think the Primos ole Betsy is the Battey call.

PALongspur

I'm pretty sure they made some changes when they changed the name.

Can anyone confirm?

3bailey3

I have one that I would part with,I have the granite striker that came with it, what price are we talking about?

PALongspur

PALongspur

PALongspur

Bringing this back up.

I'd also take one of the Premier slates from MAD or one of Mike's newer ones in the green pot.

2nd 100

The ol betsy from Promos is most definitely not the same call.
The pot is plastic not composite although the slot are for the same.Just bought an ol betsy off eBay for $12 nib and it was awful. Nothing like the Battey slate.

bbcoach

Quote from: 2nd 100 on February 22, 2016, 10:10:09 PM
The ol betsy from Promos is most definitely not the same call.
The pot is plastic not composite although the slot are for the same.Just bought an ol betsy off eBay for $12 nib and it was awful. Nothing like the Battey slate.
I'm not sure if this is the same call or not but my assessment of the Ol Betsy is 180 out from 2nd 100.  This call with a laminated or hickory striker has called in more hens and been the death of more birds then I can count.  I did deep six the composite striker that came with it though because all I got was high pitched squeals.  I love this call so much, I purchased a second one for a back up.  Good Luck with your search.