turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your opinion...what type of call is most realistic

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, September 10, 2015, 05:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

A well made Boxcall can make any turkey sound you want...versatile and realistic.

larry9988

Do an experiment. Play all of the calls you feel the most confident in and record the sound from 50-75 yards away, play them back and judge for yourself. I have done this many times in comparing different calls I have made to each other,both calls of the same type and calls of different types. If you do not feel you can play a particular type well enough, find someone that can. Let others listen to the calls and give their opinion as well. I set up a video camera, and a table full of calls a distance away and play the calls and write down the calls played in the order they are played and then evaluate them. It's not hard, doesn't take long and it's fun to do. It has really taught me a lot about how different calls sound in the woods, at a distance compared to in hand. I have my own opinions of what calls sound the most realistic in a hunting situation but I will not share them as I would not want to bias anyone that might try the experiment and really want you to try it yourself. Also what sounds good to me might not sound so good to you. And yes I have heard it said what really counts is how it sounds to turkey, and this is true, but I think you will be surprised at how differently call types sound. Just try it.

Jbird22

It's all in the proficiency of the user with the particular call.

outdoors

YUP  YUP  YUP
WHEN THAT GOBBLER IS HORNY HE WILL COME IN TO JUST ABOUT ANY SOUND
THATS SOUNDS THE LIKE
NOW WHEN THERES ALOT OF PRESSURE OR THE SEASONS WINDING DOWN THEN IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.   At least where I hunt .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Personally I think it's an air operated call because it's easier to impart emotion with an air operated call than a friction type call.

Trumpetyelper

This is one of the best economical calls available.  It's a squealer!!!

willy8457

A good long Box, in the hands of someone that can use it