turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knee boots?

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 28, 2011, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmusso

I have had 2 pair of LaCrosse Alpha lights boots, and my 2nd pair was junk as well - soles split up and fell apart in pieces like they dry rotted. I went to Muck Woody Maxs last year and absolutely love them.

wisconsinteacher

mmusso, my boots did the same thing.  I am also wondering about using the snake boots for bowhunting deer.  Is there a scent issue using this style over the rubber boot style?

TURKEYSLAYER101

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 30, 2011, 05:40:53 PM
mmusso, my boots did the same thing.  I am also wondering about using the snake boots for bowhunting deer.  Is there a scent issue using this style over the rubber boot style?

I would say rubber is better for deer,but you could just spray down with scent killer spray.

TURKEYSLAYER 101 
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!

JELLYHEAD

The danner pronghorn's have speed laces. On & off is too easy, pleanty of room for tucking camo in, I also have a benchmade fixed tucked inside(just in case). They feel like sneakers... well worth the money. I need to buy a few pair, anything that works well they will quit making.

wisconsinteacher

Well here is my thinking and if it is wrong please let me know.  I am thinking about getting the Cabela's snake boot and for kicking around and bear baiting, getting a pair of rubber barn boots.  Then this summer, save up and get a better pair a rubber boots for bowhunting.  That way, I will have two good pairs that will not take the everyday abuse that the barn boots will.  So for $200 I will have a pair of snake boots, nice rubber boots, and a beat around pair.

TURKEYSLAYER101

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 30, 2011, 08:37:15 PM
Well here is my thinking and if it is wrong please let me know.  I am thinking about getting the Cabela's snake boot and for kicking around and bear baiting, getting a pair of rubber barn boots.  Then this summer, save up and get a better pair a rubber boots for bowhunting.  That way, I will have two good pairs that will not take the everyday abuse that the barn boots will.  So for $200 I will have a pair of snake boots, nice rubber boots, and a beat around pair.

Sounds like a plan!  :icon_thumright:

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!