turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knee boots?

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 28, 2011, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I have had two pair of LaCrosse Burly uninsulated boots.  The first pair lasted forever but the second pair is junk.  I need a new pair of rubber knee boots that will last.  I wear them all the time from turkey hunting to bear baiting, and deer hunting.  What ones would you suggest?  The need to be waterproof, knee high, and comfortable.  Thanks

neal

I gave up on the tall rubber boots to heavy, don't  breath, and they crack at pressure points, I went with a pair of Danner snake boots, their light, they breath, and don't have to worry about them cracking, and they are water proof just like a tall rubber boot.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

BrowningGuy88

I am using Mucks this season and I love them!

The boots have logged about 30 miles this season and show no signs wear.

Reloader

Mucks are comfy, but tear and are hot compared to unins rubber.

I'd go Lacrosse Lagrange unins again or go to a snake boot. I know you didn't have luck with your second set, but IMO, Lacrosse still makes the best rubber knee boot out there.  

I have been wearing a pair of zip up Redhead Bayou snake boots this season and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned, the things are like Nike tennis shoes. They are waterproof as well.

Have a Good One,

Reloader

shootumindaface

I got a pair of the Drake Mudders and love them..

wisconsinteacher

If you have the Danner style boot, can you still put your pant leg inside the boot?

jakesdad

Quote from: neal on March 28, 2011, 11:52:13 AM
I gave up on the tall rubber boots to heavy, don't  breath, and they crack at pressure points

Neal

I agree.I've been using uninsulated waterproof leather boots from cabelas the last several years and they serve me well.i dont have any deep water to cross(or can walk and cross where its not)and the only real "problem" I have is taller wet grass in the mornings,but it usually isnt bad.much more comfy to run and gun in and seem to be more comfy when i'm sittin.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

simpzenith

I just got a pair of the new LaCrosse Venom Snake boots. I haven't really had a chance to put them through their paces but they are very comfortable and the zipper sides and full laced front allows for a glove like fit!

wisconsinteacher

These will be used to cross water and ice fish with.

sugarray

Here is what I have from Cabela's.  They have 1 full year on them.  Turkey, cleaning my pond in just under knee deep mud, then deer and back after the turkeys during scouting this year.  They do get a little warm, but I haven't had a problem and I have never had a knee or ankle or back pain one.  Never really did, but they are comfy.  They have a nice tight ankle fit and my foot does not "slop" around in them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Hunting-Boots/Mens-Rubber-Hunting-Boots%7C/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/i/104806080/Cabelas-Uninsulated-Dura-Trax8482-Boots-150-Mossy-Oak174-New-Break-Up174/749533.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffootwear-mens-footwear-mens-hunting-boots-mens-rubber-hunting-boots%2F_%2FN-1102525%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104806080%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104797980%253Bcat104826780&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797980%3Bcat104826780%3Bcat104806080

wisconsinteacher

Well I have been looking and think I am going to go with a snake style boot.  Any other brands I should look at?

TURKEYSLAYER101

I wear Rocky knee high lace up snake boots and I love them. They fit like a glove and feel like you have tennis shoes on your feet. Plus most of the places I hunt there are rattlesnakes.

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!

TURKEYSLAYER101

They can tend to be a little tough to get on and off but they are tough boots and very comfy especially if you do alot of running and gunning.

Those are the one's I wear and they are definately snake proof. I hunt rattlers and my boots have been bitten many times and no holes in me yet!

TURKEYSLAYER 101 

Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!

Reloader

WT,

I ran the lace up type snake boots for a few years and they were a pain to take on and off.  A mile of shoe string to lace and difficult to slip off.  The zipper type are much easier to take on and off.

These are what I'm running this year and can't say enough about how comfortable they are.  Our local BPS has em on sale for $79.99. By far the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned. 

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10210225_475004005_475000000_475004000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT